xisto Community
wykked_dreamz

Yahoo Puts Other Search Engines To Shame! But which search engine is the worst?

As anti-google as I am, I cannot possible begin to say that google is the worst search engine ever. However, I can say that Hotbot is. I cannot stand Hotbot! I am also very curious as to what you all think is the worst search engine ever. And don't say yahoo!

As anti-google as I am, I cannot possible begin to say that google is the worst search engine ever. However, I can say that Hotbot is. I cannot stand Hotbot! I am also very curious as to what you all think is the worst search engine ever. And don't say yahoo!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Wow, someone actually hates Hotbot as much as I do, maybe more! I don't think YAhoo is all that bad. It was one of my first ones that I used when I first went on the internet. Yahoo also has some good stuff on their site too. I got some articles from the news section that helped me out with my school work. Yeah it doesn't have to do with search engine much, but it did have some good news on the site so that's close enough.

Second that and pass into motion Hotbot being the worst search engine out but when i first came on to the internet i used a multi search engine called dogpile which gathered the required information from different engines and one of them being yahoo! And i preffered this engine because of its ability to search all until i found google that is.

i pretty much use yahoo as my primary search engine. i used to use hotbot, but it just didn't do it for me. google i'm not that impressed with. i think it's too hyped, imo.

My main search engine is also Yahoo! but I also occasionally use Google. Hm... maybe it's just me (as I'm really not an observant person) but now I'm curious... what is the difference between the Yahoo! and Google search engines? Because when I usually search for things, they both search up practically the same sites and links. Of course... that could just be li'l ol' unobservant me. >.<;;

Now as for Hotbot, I actually never heard of this search engine before until now. But I'll take all of your advices and stay away from that. ^_^ Thank you for sharing. ^_^

-- scryoko

Today I have heard about Hotbot first time. so just for knowledge i have gone to hotbot.com but I have not found anything bad in this search engine. It used Google and Ask Jeeves for searching. The interface is pretty simple and good.Can you please tell why you don't like Hotbot????????

well things have changed since I started to use internet... In the beginging I was using Yahoo, and Altavista... and then there was google, as something new and different, and I like it and use it very much. Recently I was trying to comepare all major search engines, and they all are giving pretty the same results, so there is noo need to compare them at all. The main difference is only in quantity of ADS and Commercials..

hummmm... All along I've gotten so used to just 'Googling' everything, I've nearly gone into wonderland there. Yahoo I also use very frequently. I've seen a few posts regarding hotbot, but I've actually never come across the search before. Matter of fact, this is the first time I'm hearing of Hotbot... must make sure I give it a go. One of the worst search engines I've ever used is the Altavista engine. Never seem to find the 'kind' of results I'm mooking for. THen again, its probably the way I make out my queries that must be the problem there. Google though I'm quite happy with. Mostly because it loads really quickly, has a clutter free interface and renders the search result (as the canotneese might say) chop-chop quick...!!

Why I hate Hotbot??? Use it and you'll see why! When I was in school my computer teacher was in love with hotbot and made us use it all the time. But whenever you searched something only the first page of results were even close to what you were looking for. I can never find anything! I have trouble opening the sites when I click on their link on the results page. Its really annoying and very time consuming. I'll admit, I was using google for a long time until I was looking for a particular site and I couldn't find it on google so I went to yahoo and found it. I used to use google for the image search but ever since yahoo stole their idea I use yahoo's image search. :P And even now, if I can't find something on yahoo, I'll go to google, but I refuse to use any other search engine after using hotbot! :P

Notice from NilsC:
Watch the language. You can say what you feel without using curse / cuss words. No warning this time, just a reminder that we have young members under the age of 13.
which engine has the most pictures. Google is horrible with searching pictures. i never really used yahoo. google always has done the job but i have began to notice that it is just same old stuff over and over again. alot of you seem to be saying that yahoo is the best. i think i will give it a try. and hotbot does **** incredibly. wow...bad ...used it like 5 times and never typed those words in the address bar again.!.!.! Edited by NilsC (see edit history)

I use Google, but I'm not entirely sure why! :P I suppose some people like it because of it's easy interface and fast results. It doesn't always produce the best results, that would be impossible but I think it's pretty reliable. :P

Why a search engine should be bad? I prefer Google personaly, but someone else could like Yahoo more, I don't think you can say a search engine is bad, if one give more results at the same word that could also be because it's better and don't show results that are not of any use.-=jeroen=-

I like using Yahoo for on the fly search's and other things like movie times, top news stories, yellow pages, directions, etc. Google I tend to use when I need to look up something I really need to know about...thus the word google it.