xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
imajin8shun

Need Urgent Help With Xampp Installation Your help is needed badly

Now I installed xampp on my computer, apparently you have to do things in a certain order and I don't think I did cause nothings working, I can't delete the folder, mysqld access is denied, something like that and I don't know how to uninstall.Can someone help me with my program and help me install it properly step by step so I can get it to work so I can open php files in IE and become able to edit php files offline. Your Help and Support is very much appreciate.

Edited by microscopic^earthling (see edit history)

More details on your operating system would help and location of where the installation was made.

There is no order for packages, XAMPP should install it in the correct order. XAMPP is a pretty straightforward installation, you can only access PHP files served from a web browser accessing a web server since it relies on the PHP interpreter to interpret your page. The most common way would be LOCALHOST/ to test if the server is actually running and displaying the XAMPP configuration page.

You would need to store your PHP files inside the directory it creates for storing your web pages, www or public_html or something like this, I haven't used XAMPP in a while so I can't think of where you are meant to have your files. Once you've discovered the location, to access the pages you would do LOCALHOST/your_php_page.php

You may also need to check your XAMPP control panel to make sure all the required services you need are actually running.

Cheers,

MC

Right1. Start XAMMP up again, and use the SHUTDOWN icon it gives you, dont take shortcutsNow delete the folder, run the installer againDrop your files in htdocs, then start xampp again, now have fun with your files, and shut it down right!

I just had xampp in my c drive... is that where its supposed to be? And I couldn't open the php files that where in xampps folders. I'm trying to unistall it and re-install... but can someone tell me where to install it into.

sorry I don't know how to edit my topic, it doesnt have a little button... anyways i have Windows Xp Pro if that helps at all, and i had xampp install in C:/thanks for the help and support so far guys, much appreciated.

Okay I did it all properly this time, the dos box is running (its still open) but I still can't open php files in IE... but the strange thing is in frontpage I cant open them properly or preview them, but in 1st Page I can do them both fine... is this what xampp is supposed to do or am I only half way there... thanks for your patience in this you guys, I know I can be a bit frustrating with all these questions but you'll have to bear with me :P lol