xisto Community
sxyloverboy

Some New Pics I Did please give me some critique.

hey everyone. i was wondering if i could get some critique on some of these photographs i did.

heres the first one:

Posted Image

I took this picture in a park in frankfurt. maybe you can tell the weather wasnt so good and everything. there was also this flowerthing in the middle that i had to edit out.

next one:

Posted Image

i took this one while i was going jogging. for me it gives me a sort of apocalyptic aura.

and the last one:

Posted Image

this is my newest pic. i took this one on the same day as the flowers. same crappy weather. but i think i kinda got the bad weather effect gone with some photoshop editing.

allrgith thats all i have to show for now. please give me some critique. and please let it be something constructive.

The third one is a little standard, but the first two are good. I had to look at least twice before I saw what the second was, and that's a great picture.

i definatly like the 2nd of all of them. [order= 2,1,3] the light in that photograph is amazing, not totally sure about the abrupt angle. for me the angle would work better if you had done more to hide the obvious picture and made it more abstract. if i had taken it i would have used the angles of the wires to get a level vanishing point. but dont get me wrong i'm really in awe of how well you captured that light. great

The second picture is the best in my opinion, it looks very professional.As for the first one, it's too bright, and the flower is kind of merged together in places from the high redness.The third one isn't really a bad picture, but it's uninteresting. Keep up the good pictures, I'd really like to see more of these!

i really like the second one...the atmosphere in the photo is just right!!! keep up the good work!Oh and i forgot to mention that I really like the angle of the photo I always make my photo's that way as well I'm glad you did it that way...it's a really GREAT photo !!!

wow, nice shots. i especially like the first 2. the rose looks like a pic you would see in a magazene of osme sort. and the mood in the second picture is GREAT. the orange sky and the angle really give it a nice aspect as something os simple as wires

Oooh the second one is very arty-fart isn't it! No, but I mean that in a good way - it looks really cool.The third shot just looks like a cliche shot of some building that you'd find on a postcard or something.The first is better, pretty neat... couldn't even tell that the weather was bad!

All right. Me being a fine arts/graphic design/photography student, I learned to go all out on my critiques, so please note that this isn't meant to put you down, but to help you. :(

Photo #1

While you have done a great job of using complementary colors to the max (red and green), the red might need to be toned down a little bit more as the red is so bright that it almost looks pink. Also, while you have gotten your flowers mostly in focus, while keeping the background blurred when you used the depth of field to your advantage, you need to focus on your center of interest a little bit more as when I looked at this photo in its actual size, the edges around your flowers (stem and otherwise) are still a bit blurry, which subtracts from your photo.

Photo #2

I particularly like this one. You're right, it does give off a kind of apocalyptic aura. While the color is striking, the blurriness of some of the wires can make the viewer a little bit dizzy. I recommend sharpening up the wires that are blurry some (not much mind you, just a little bit, otherwise your picture will get all pixely :( ).

Photo #3

While this picture does give off something of a quaint and homey feel, it seems a little too vauge and common. The colors just don't blend together well, giving it more of a feel like a snapshot than an art photograph. While I have to admit, the clarity is striking, like the other two, you need to sharpen a few things up some. However, I do like how the designs stood out the most, giving your viewer a center of interest. ;)

hey everyone. i was wondering if i could get some critique on some of these photographs i did.

heres the first one:

Posted Image

I took this picture in a park in frankfurt. maybe you can tell the weather wasnt so good and everything. there was also this flowerthing in the middle that i had to edit out.

next one:

Posted Image

i took this one while i was going jogging. for me it gives me a sort of apocalyptic aura.

and the last one:

Posted Image

this is my newest pic. i took this one on the same day as the flowers. same crappy weather. but i think i kinda got the bad weather effect gone with some photoshop editing.

allrgith thats all i have to show for now. please give me some critique. and please let it be something constructive.

Hi,

well.. I'll try to be as objective as possible.

1. As much as I like flower pictures, ( I take as many as possible when I'm in a park or in the contry side) - I have to tell that the one you took is pretty common + the contrast is not right, there is something wrong with that red, too strong maybe, or maybe the light wasn t too good.

2. I like this one. The perspective is original, the ideea is good, the effects nice :P

Good work!!

3. A little dull, maybe u should have 'cought' some people in the front part of the picture, or to try a different perpective... or maybe the contrast between the 2 types of architecture new/old would have been more interesting than a simple building facade with some people having lunch

Anyway, all in all I think you may have a good eye for good pictures if you practice more!

good luck!! :P

I liked the second photograph. It has an interesting perspective, and those high tension wires worked wonderfully in the picture. I just think maybe I would not have made it monochromatic. I would have left the original colours and de-saturated them a bit. Or maybe I would have made it monochromatic, but just plain black and white. From the looks of it, it seems that image would have a lot of beautiful grey '=)The other two don't say much to me... But I think they're technically good.

They're all great, but (after staring at the thumbnail for about 5 seconds to figure out what it actually was) the second one is by far my favourite out of them all. The colours are amazing and the angle that the photo was taken from makes it much more interesting to look at. Well done!

Neat pictures. Although a word of advice, try not to shoop your first pictures too much (or not at all) and focus on scenery, or how the photography turns out.Of course Adobe© Photoshop© software makes many pics look better, a stronger foundation will make them turn out even better as well as training your general photography skills.Well done.