xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
jcguy

Need Suggestion To Improve DOTA Skills And Strategies strategies

hi all.. im new to dota.. warcraft.. a noob..are there any strat to take to improve?any suggestions?and wat items are best to buy?how to work as a team and own others?yeah?damn noob...

Edited by miCRoSCoPiC^eaRthLinG (see edit history)

I'm a dota noob as well!! I'm actually a warcraft noob. Just recently I started playing dota... and got kinda addicted. I'm still a noobie noob, don't know wht to buy and die all the time!

Heres some good help Items:For Int get mostly Scepter(eul's)to escape from dangerous enemiesthe other scepter for stronger ulti:Guinsoos' Sheep staff:Soulbooster:refresher for good nuke Int heroes onlyThese are probably the best stuff for Int heroes but dont blow all ur money on these items only if u have spare change for non necessary stuffItems:for Str Battle Fury,Satanic,Black King Bar,Monkey King bar,Heart of Tarrasque..these are the best for str and yet the same advice for the Int stuffItems:for Agil ,Butterfly,Desolater.Lothar's edge,Crystalys,Good stuff for agil(SAME ADVICE)If i forget anything important for these types email me at Gooktogo@yahoo.comNeed Help? E-Mail meMy warcraft Frozen throne sn is 5thCaptain if u wanna play with me just wisp me and tell me ur from this site or i will just ignore you if i dont respond that means im busy(running away or chasing a hero and cant waste time typing)I'm not a PRO at dota but im not A noob ive been playing dota for one yearKEEP IN MIND THAT THOSE ITEMS ARE GOOD WITH THE CORRESPONDING HEROES TEST OUT THEIR USES ON CUSTOM GAME IF U WANT MAKE SURE THE ITEMS WORKS WELL WITH THE HEROAN EXAMPLE Mortred (or The warden) IS GOOD WITH BUTTERFLY,CRYSTALYS because her blur stacks with butterfly and her damage is ****ing crazy so yeah and crystalys is good with her too because her ultimate works with criticals crystalys wont multiply the dmage more but it should help you crit more oftenI USUALLY START PLAYING IN THE MORNING AT 11 WEEKENDS ONLY BUT JUST CHECK IF ON IF U NEED HELp

You first need to know what you think you'd be best at; which character to choose. I used to choose random a lot when I first played, just to see which character would be the best for me. AFter awhile I found out I like far reach and ways to stop people from moving. So I went with the ice sorcerror since she's what I needed.It just depends on what you need at first. Experiment with every character that you can. After that you can begin learning how to play like a real pro.

ok easy,i mastered dota in just 3 months.The first step is to familiar yourself with every heroes available.Know their abilities and skill.Second know all the items available and their uses.Memorize them and finally choose one hero you think you are best at.Most noob will use techie,zeus or windwalk heroes like bone.Master them using maphack and play at battlenet.Pratice makes perfect.Good luck

Replying to jcguystart with intel heroes and buy intel items.They are most easiest to use. Once you get used to them move to range and agility heroes same agility items. Then move to the strenght heroes and strenght items. Remember practice makes perfect-reply by Babuuo

I started playing dota 2 years ago. they way I practiced, vs bots and vs more bots. Use sd mode to choose the people you haven't used before. Experiment with items and what they are used for. Then vs people 

-IGuest

Tips for each and every hero..Go to google.Com and search for dota items and dota recipes, 2 different searches, you'll get the list of items and what they do. And also the recipes and what each recipe requires, their cost and what they give you.. If possible get a print-out of all that.Start a game with easy comp, 1v1 game and see what you want you're final items to be, and the items and recipes required to make them, (you're items will change corresponding to you're enemies, and their items) (for eg: if you're enemies are using a lot of spells on you, then you'll wanna make a BKB which has Avatar(active) which will give u spell immunity for 10 sec when used. And then you'll have another 5 slots for items (hope u got my point) and depending on your final items, make a few items that might be a part of the final items and a few consumables (hp pot, mana pot, jangoo, bottle, etc..) to survive the start of the game till u make more money.While playing a game, press 'ENTER' and type "-tips" (without the double quotes) and press ENTER again, the game itself will give u 5 tips for the hero you are playing with.Then on google type dota (hero name) strategy.You'll get the hero name, skills, strategy, item build, skill build, and quite a lot more, (yes, you will have to do your homework even if this is just a game.) After you learn all that you need to know, practice on comps, win or lose, play the whole game, nobody likes a player who quit in the middle. Moreover, even if you are losing, see the items made by your opponent, and the skills used, and how it is used, you'll be learning about 2 heroes in every game, unless a hero is repeated..When u think you have a hero that you know to play with, find a friend who know's that hero and play a lan match with him/her and he/she will point out your mistakes or will suggest better items, or strategy... With all those suggestion you can better yourself and go GG..P.S. TIMING IS VERY IMPORTANT IN THIS GAME, PROBABLY THE MOST IMPORTANT ASPECT OF THE GAME.

-reply by Nilez