xisto Community
warbird1405241485

What Browser Do You Think Is The Safest Not the best, just the most save

What browser do you think is the safest?  

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I don't know too much about computers but still, I would go with the vast majority's response and say Firefox. That's because, well, when I was using Internet Explorer before, I didn't even realize I had so much spyware and adware on my computer until my friend told me to use Spybot and Ad-aware to get rid of them. And when I first scanned for spyware/adware, there were so many of them!! And then later (because of a virus), I had to reformat my whole computer. After that, my friend suggested Firefox to me and after using it for about the same about of time I had used the computer with IE, I scanned for spyware/adware once again, and man, were the results low. ^_^ Not to mention, with Firefox, it blocks waaaay more pop-ups than IE ever could. So, Firefox all the way. ^__^ I hope that helps, even coming a computer-illiterate person. ^_^;;

-- scryoko

I think Opera is the best browser around. It has all the features of firefox and more! You can even control Opera with a microphone. Say "Back", and opera will go back to the last page you browsed! Opera already passes the Acid2 Test, while no public version of Firefox has passed the Acid2 Test.

Wow, this topic is quite old and Firefox has the best results from Xisto members in the poll to be the safest browser.. I think at that time Opera still was with ads? and wasn't free in the early year of 2005? Can't really remember.. But as it been pointed about the security of Firefox, Opera is proved to be the most secure browser, the info can found in http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ in the category "Security Myths" and it might amaze a lot of whom, especially people who love Firefox..

All I would want to see now is a website like Opera myths, even though there aren't a lot, usually just the facts, but it would be fun to see this kind of a site, which would exploit Opera bad things.

Safest browser? well yeah the browser that is not on the Browser radar at all. I think I would vouch for Opera (though I voted for Firefox) since it does not have that much of a market share. The security risk automatically goes down with that.No one can deny that Firefox has had more security holes discovered in the shortest span of time than IE ever had. The simple reason is that Firefox is making it big to the global browser market. The day it becomes the predominant browser (which it will) security holes will be solely targeted onto it. But yes the good thing about Firefox is that there are more and more people to take care of the security issues than that of Microsoft.Being open source, my vote goes for Firefox beyond the shadow of doubt.