xisto Community
miCRoSCoPiC^eaRthLinG

Free Energy Device Replicated By French Researcher Using hydrogen fuel in a closed system

Hi guys,

The desperate hunt for alternative energy sources has been on ever since our geolists figured out how grim a situation we're headng for once we exhaust our supply of fossil fuel (which is estimated to be soon - and we'll see the first signs of it within the next 25 years). Amid this grim scenario, this little innovation might provide us with the much sought after ray of hope - an inexhaustible source of energy which is so efficient that it can produce upto 1000 times the energy contained in fuel.

Jean-Louis Naudin - an independent researcher from France has successfully replicated a device originally proposed to produce free energy from hydrogen about 70 years ago. A working model of this device was recently pioneered in Russia by Nicholas Moller in conjunction with Alexander V. Frolov of Faraday Lab Ltd. at St. Petersburg, Russia in January 2003. It's commonly termed as the "Moller/Frolov Atomic Hydrogen Generator" or MAGH. The idea of this device first arose out of Nobel Laureatte Irving Langmuir's brilliant research on gases at high energy.

The underlying concept involves dissociating molecular hydrogen (H2) into its atomic form (H) and re-combining the atoms back to their molecular form again. The energy given up during the dissociation process can be easily tapped. This whole process is run in a so-called "closed system" which means - the hydrogen is never lost, ie. we DONT BURN UP the fuel at all. The same fuel can be used over and over again - unlimited number of times. Free energy is always gained, but hydrogen never lost out on. Besides, hydrogen fuel is considered to be absolutely clean and safe and doesnt have any impact on the environment whatsoever.

This technology is still in the nascent stage - although from what has been done so far, the commercial implications are humongous - as well as it's impact in our daily lives. It'll radically change the energy market and more than satisfy our "hunger" :lol:

Jean-Louis Naudin reported Friday that he ran his experimental "Moller/Frolov Atomic Hydrogen Generator" (MAGH) version 2.0 for one hour at an efficiency of 526% -- that's 5.26 times more energy out than he put in.  The day before, using slightly different settings, he reported having achieved an efficiency of 682% for twenty minutes.  On June 2, he reports to have run this generator for two hours at an efficiency of 243%.

Source: http://pesn.com/2005/06/26/9600116_Naudin_MAHG/

Imagine a world where everything is powered by these small generators running on an endless supply of fuel - no gas bills, no electric bills - nothing to tear your hair over :lol: I'm waiting ... breathlessly.

Read the full article and explanation of the process at: http://pesn.com/2005/06/26/9600116_Naudin_MAHG/

thats niceive also heard of a very similar system but using bacteria instead. im not totally sure of details becasue i cant remember. the use of a semipermiable membrane and some kind of ionizing bacteria can produce a difference in charge and create a boilogical battery with a positive and negative. these cells do require initial organic matter and they last for a few years.imagine that, tiny little bugs running your ipod :D

Mmmhhh ... whenever this MAGH comes out, some big fat oil company will buy the patent, just for NOT using it then. In this world if you make a great invention like this, you can sell it or you'll be killed. I think that inventions that could cause danger to the big companys have no real chance to hit the end-user. It's a crying shame. :P

HazeShow,

That is soo right, I have personally seen extremely effecient carburators for cars taken off the market because the OIL companies didn't like them. Imagine driving your car every day for a month, and not seeing your gas level move at all. I know someone who took his car into a shop to have his carburator worked replaced, and they accidently put in an experimental one. He had been having to put gas in his car at least twice a week. Then after they put the new carburator in, he drove for a month without having to get gas, and not even seeing his fuel gauge move. He thought his fuel guage was acting up, so he took his car back to the same shop. They realized what had happened, and "fixed" the problem. A few weeks later, it dawned on him what had actually happened, but by then it was too late, and they professed no knowledge of a carburator that good. It's such a shame that so much fuel has been wasted that didn't need to be.

Mmmhhh ... whenever this MAGH comes out, some big fat oil company will buy the patent, just for NOT using it then. In this world if you make a great invention like this, you can sell it or you'll be killed. I think that inventions that could cause danger to the big companys have no real chance to hit the end-user. It's a crying shame.  :P

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It's is a nice thought to finally be able to use a clean and reliable source of energy, of course before anything big can happen with that the major companies that produce electricity have to first stop and realize the situation at hand, eventually the fossil fuels they depend on for money will one day be depleted. Once they discover this they would have to turn to other power sources, the only problem is that they want something that is profitable to them and they would probably shun this system of producing energy.That the major problem that must first be dealt with before new sources f energy can become a reality even if they are being discovered today...

Mmmhhh ... whenever this MAGH comes out, some big fat oil company will buy the patent, just for NOT using it then. In this world if you make a great invention like this, you can sell it or you'll be killed. I think that inventions that could cause danger to the big companys have no real chance to hit the end-user. It's a crying shame

They should release the devce under the Open Source GPL.

We have Open Source Software, Open Source Beer... so why not Open Source Electricity ;)

Then maybe we would see a similar Microsoft VS GNU/Linux FUD Campain from the Oil Company's.

LOL.

I haven’t read the article, I admit that, but I can say for sure that nobody will ever be able to produce energy out of nothing. At the most you can achieve 100% of energy of what you used for fuel.

The world is built on the principle of energy preservation (I’m not sure that’s the proper English word for it) and that means that energy cannot come into existence from nowhere and that it cannot disappear. This is one of the most important laws in the universe and it can’t be ignored.

Free energy is a physical impossibility!

So, as you might have guessed, I don’t believe in this at all!

For example in my country, The Natural Gas Vehicular has appeared like an opportunity for the country in economic and environmental terms. According to projections made by the Ministry of Mines and Energy, Colombia counts on natural gas reserves for next the 20 years. Additionally, the gas interconnection with Venezuela allows to accede to the reserves of the neighboring country that represent at least 150 years of production of this fuel.On the other hand, the natural gas unlike other fuels is not subject to the swings of the rates of change nor of the international prices. Added to this, the national government is had it jeopardize to that the price of the equivalent gallon of Natural Gas Vehicular continues being like until now 60% of the price of the gasoline in Barrancabermeja without over-percentage. This commitment allows that economic kindness of the Natural Gas Vehicular is easily transferable to the final consumer.As far as the environmental qualities of the Natural Gas Vehicular it is clear that the polluting emissions by the use of this fuel inferior and null are even compared with those of other fuels. It is as well as for example the Natural Gas Vehicular reduces part and to the gas discharges responsible for the effect conservatory good of the respiratory diseases in the great urban centers.For these reasons, the Ministry of Transport initiated an exploration work on the possibilities so that special the vehicle park and in the dedicated one to serve public of passengers could use the natural gas like a cheaper fuel alternative.In that process search of information were interesting and successful experiences in the country as it is the case of the 4.000 public transport turned to gas the city of Barranquilla and with the private company related to the gas distribution that was preparing a project of masificación of the Natural Gas Vehicular.Therefore, the investigation of the Ministry of Transport, led by the Gentleman Minister Doctor Gustavo Adolph Channel Moor allowed to glimpse an alternative for the transporters and the decontamination by movable sources of the great urban centers.According to the projections made by the Ministry of Transport, the transporter can be saved between a 15% and a 50% of his costs related to fuel only with turning his vehicle to gasoline to one of dual system. Also, important savings in terms of the maintenance of the motors appear: The frequency of the oil change is reduced to half when natural gas like motor fuel is used.One of the fundamental aspects is that the savings generated by the use of this fuel allow the transporter to finance their equipment of conversion recovering their investment in less than two years for the vehicles greater than they require a greater amount of cylinders to maintain his autonomy of trip. On the matter it is necessary to clarify that the turned vehicles can use anyone of two fuels at the moment at which the conductor therefore decides it.However, one became necessary to begin to investigate on the possibilities of financing the equipment of conversion whose costs oscillate between USS1,500 for the small vehicles (taxis) and $3.500 for greatest (bus). For it we went to the National Power Financier where we have found a receptivity important. To the date the FEN and the Ministry of Transport are making a document that will serve as base for the beginning of lines of financing for the conversion to Natural Gas Vehicular of good part of the vehicle park of passengers urban level.Another fundamental aspect of the work of investigation that was made east year was the revision of the existing practical standardses and in study. The use of combustible the Natural Gas as requires of specific procedures in each one of its components.It is as well as were pleasant surprises. For example already two Colombian Practical standardses for the cylinders dedicated to this fuel and for the components of the conversion equipment exist. In addition they are in process of public consultation, Practical standardses related to Stations of supplying, the factories of conversion, the tests and you reprobate of cylinders and the installation of components (hoses, compressors, etc).Additionally, 15 practical standardses related to each one of the components of the conversion equipment are in discussion process, the filling valves and the jets of the fuel in the stations on watch.

I like the idea of the free energy device going GNU/GPL. In this constant war of opensource vs M$ and the rest, opensource will win at last. People like the idea of something "free". Releasing anything free is the best way other inspiring people can get hands on a project and improve it.FEDs are nice. But I can't understand the idea behind that. It completly defy the laws of physics of today. There can't be free energy, there must be a source. From E=mc2 the source of additional energy must be mass, but I can't imagine how mass is reduced from hydrogen atoms or molecules, Even it happens the mass content of the closed system should be nullified by time.I think this is an experiment in the road map towards nuclear fusion as a safe and reliable source of energy. They are trying to build a safe alternative to fossil fuel and risky nuclear fission reactions. Fusion is the process employed at the sun to release energy. It would give us a near unlimited source of energy because the universe is mostly hydrogen.

I didn't want to post a zillion short replies, so I'll use the acronym "WRT" meaning "with respect to" to refer to other posts (sorry if this is annoying).

WRT #1, thanks for the really fun to read article. There were so many references to diverse fields of physics :P. There are tons of things I (and even the authors) just don't get yet ... like the delta-T, the pulsed-DC requirement, and the whole what on Earth's going on deal!!

If this is a "low energy nuclear reaction" shouldn't there be some detectable H2 mass loss through radiation .. the vacuum chamber isn't lead etc (or at least they don't mention anything about safety issues wrt this!). So perhaps it's one of the other 2 types, but I'm not a physicist so can't really comment! Either way, I doubt the energy just "appears" .. it must be coming from somewhere, if this isn't an error .. the authors just don't know where yet.

In the article replies, the leading researcher in H2 generation complains about errors in the terminology & states this is nothing more than energy absorbtion/dissipation differences (at different rates) over time ... but it still looks as if there's too much heat vs the electricity input (unless it was a measurement error ... and it's damn unlikely that all the authors (and their are many others in this group/field) would not have taken those necessary measurements correctly). Anyway, as the author states, until it is truely independently generating energy, it's probably just going to go the way of so many other related and misunderstood energy devices!!

WRT #2, yeah I remember this too, I think it was in New Scientist magazine early this year .. a bacteria-based fuel cell where the bacteria produced methane or some hydrogen derivative. I rememberr it was very efficient but could only produce a small # of milli-watts output (presumably that was just a prototype & they could scale up given no volume limitations!).

WRT #3, AFAIK patents are published (and in the public domain after 20 years) so it's not like closed-sourcecode that is deliberately hidden from us (although there are decompilers, the output is usually not perfect due to the large number of possibilities available in the more English-like high-level programming language you want to convert to!) .. we could in theory replicate them ourselves given knowledge/time/money & even to sell them once the patents expire after 20 years (in the USPO case). It's only not allowed to sell them beforehand. But again a reply in the article mentions the valid patent is a minor extention to a previous expired patent, so it's unlikely to be an issue at all, for this device. I hate the fact that medicines have patents (so the poor in Africa can't afford it, or even worse the big pharma's can't be @r5ed to research the AIDS derivatives that exist in Africa even though they've already done so for the ones in the West .. that's overly capitalistic in my book, but I guess they must answer to their shareholder's pocketbooks or be sacked!!). I hate even more that mathematics has now been given patents/copyrights for the first time in centuries since it gets tied to CS algorithms (there was a damning article in the July [i think] 2005 edition IEEE Spectrum magazine)!

WRT #5 I'm sure the greedy 7u<<er5s will also try to somehow get us hooked on a hydrogen economy even though hydrogen is so abundant on Earth (water) and in the universe .. probably by making it less cost effective or sensible (perhaps by scare mongering on safety issues or making safe storage expensive through safety legislations .. even though Mercedes Benz & BMW have already demo'd powdered or frozen storage in cars & gas stations!) for us to simply DIY produce the source! Perhaps this is the real delay .. if they wanted the infrastructure in place, I'm sure they could convert/add-on to at least SOME of their existing petrol stations!

WRT #7, the scientific term is "conservation of energy". Basically nothing can be gained or lost, only converted from one state to another (even matter to energy in the case of nuclear reactions). Personally, I believe in this principle, as we've never seen proof to think otherwise ... however two cutting edge physics research fields are looking at the possibility of n'th dimensions to explain gravitational force weakness and matter/blackhole disappearances ... I always like to keep an open mind in life, esp since we still understand so little and may never understand everything (according to many famous scientists) B).

WRT #7, the scientific term is "conservation of energy". Basically nothing can be gained or lost, only converted from one state to another (even matter to energy in the case of nuclear reactions). Personally, I believe in this principle, as we've never seen proof to think otherwise ... however two cutting edge physics research fields are looking at the possibility of n'th dimensions to explain gravitational force weakness and matter/blackhole disappearances ... I always like to keep an open mind in life, esp since we still understand so little and may never understand everything (according to many famous scientists) B).

But donât you think we would have heard more about such a discovery if it proved modern science wrong?
To me this is totally unrealistic. Youâre right about the fact that we canât prove anything in science â we can observe our world and say âit must be like thatâ. So youâre right when you say that it is possible that this conservation of energy doesnât exist.
But I would still say that we would have seen the headlines everywhere if this experiment rejected the theory of conservation of energy.