xisto Community
karlo

Making My Website More Unique?

Below is the same post in Xisto, I posted it here to have more answers about it:

Hello... I just wanted to ask, how can I make my website mo unique? Especially using JavaScript in it, but I hope that It will work in all browsers... I want it to have many visual effects, etc... but I hope in an easy way... how will I do that? smile.gif Do you think it's also advisable to use XMLHttpRequest?

Someone replied in Xisto:

Although I don't personaly have aproblem with it, (and am working on an argument in your favor) I'm told you can't be more Unique, as Unique is an absolute, God can't be more powerful, water can't be more wet, that sort of thing!

As far as making things diffrent, I like the quote Idea, but like they have been saying don't do it with Javascript do it with php (or any server side srcipting), that way it WILL work.

Someone said flash, I would recomend SwiSH, it isn't free but still a very good swf creation program, and cheaper then Macromedia Flash!

Now someone also mentioned something about colors, so I will point you to a great site, http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

There is also http://www.dynamicdrive.com/ for DHTML, JS, XML, and likewise sripts, you may find something you like.

Try adding a bit of flame, go with http://www.flamingtext.com/

Or, although I would not recomend it, you could add a background sound loop, just leave the option to mute it!, try http://www.flashkit.com/

Then, I said

I thought SWISH was just a plugin for Macromedia Flash. Does SWISH only experts the file in SWF format? By the way the ColorMixers website is really useful. I hope they have this stand-alone program so that I can use it offline. DynamicDrive is really useful for me. I just needed a script which will put some fading effects on the text and the links and add a little transition to the page, and I hope that those animations will work on all browsers. FlamingText and FlashKit is also useful. By the way, I also needed a good template for my website.. where can I get one for free? Also, my site is designed using CSS and Tables, and my website is really weird in Internet Explorer. That's why I used the Internet Explorer Fix that is from SourceForge. The only problem is, in some computers, it crashes Internet Explorer..

Please answer my question. :lol::lol:

You can add your customized logo, advertising strip under logo with some kool java effects. Plus you can always create a nice unique slogan which will be not like others:)

The easiest way to make your site unique is to look at your site and your site onyl. Do things from memory of script or have a very plain window open with all the scripts you are going to use. Forget every other website out there. *in soft voice with legs crossed on carpet* "clear your mind . . . ." :P then make up a bunch of crap until you get something neat. Play around with crap. Have fun. And don't worry about messing up, if you do, you'll never get your website done. I know, I've got room to talk, my site has been sitting there with nothing really on it since the end of May, but hey, *in nostril voice with eyes crossed* "I'm Specil" :P Have a Nice Day! :P

Hi!

You can alwas add some content to it. Content that is very usable and interesting, and it's focused on specific subject. You will attract many people on you web that way, don't do everything.. make one thing good. Refer to my homepage http://www.final-design.net/ for more help about graphic design B)

i think the best way to make your site more unique is not to use those free website templates that have been proliferating throughout the net and making websites more and more similiar. if you are good you can design your own website or else just search the net for paid website designers. B) also do not rely on too much external content such as those free news tickers, quotes of the days, jokes etc...just be original and always remember to add new content to your site regularly to draw the visitors.

What about templates!i have never used them myself but have seen many good sites using free templatesAlso have you tried adding page effects?? there very usefulUse graphics(if you can) To make menus buttons etcPictures! (not some ones you found on the net)but pictures youve made or got made look very effective if it has youre name/site name on . adds some personal whigs to the sitecolors! only use a few colors (3 -5) on my currnet site in the making i used 2 it looks extrmley effectiveHope i helped!! :mellow: matt

chseng, I see that you're new and no doubt looking for some interesting topics to reply on to get credits... but have you checked the date on this thread? This was a new thread when I joined 6 months ago Lol. Try clicking on the new posts link at the top of the page, or refer to the last post/last thread links at the bottom of the page :D