xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
xJedix

In The Market For A New Video Card.. Need some help

ok im in the market for a new video card, i wanna know what would be best for my money and for the games i play. ok as for money i got about 500 to play around with and if i could i would like to have some left over. And as for games i play, i play Starcraft(and exp) Diablo 3(and exp) Warcraft4(and exp), Battle field 1942 VietNam, all the medal of honors, Microsoft Flight sim 2005, and some other random games...so could ya give me some help here?

I'm not a big PC gamer, but what are the highest specifications for those games? They should list the minimum requirements in the box. I suggest getting more than the minimum requirement though.

Video card prices have dropped significantly. If you want some reviews, take a look at and [url=http://www.overclockers.com/overclockers-com-100mhz-fsb-celerons-a-future-ocing-opportunity/. With $500, you can get a great video card and still have some cash left over. No need to get the latest and greatest (that will take that whole $500 and maybe more). Look at the reviews and see what they say about each video card.

I suggest getting one with at least 128MB of ram, or 256MB if the price is right for you. Either ATI or nVidia are good. They both have been competing for the market and that's why you see some huge price drops on their "older" models.

If you have 500 to play with I would look at the high end of either NVidia or ATI. I personally like Nvidia but ATI is fine too unless you use Linux, in which case Nvidia is THE choice due to vastly superior driver support.