xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
ebbinger_413

Problems With Matrox Video Card gaming

i have five video cards at home, all crap, (i just ordered a geforce 2200 with 256mb ram for 70 bucks) but i have more than one computer...so the geforce cant go in all of the computers. one video card is an s3 savage ix two are ati something and one is some piece of crap that doesnt even say the brand or anything...and the one that i am having problems with is the matrox (not sure on model...doesnt say, havent checked with aiada32) but the matrox is the best out of all the cards i have so far...it has 64mb mem (wohoo) and im not sure on the rest :lol: but it works fine (supports 1280 x 1024 res) and no problems other than the games...so far i got two games to work great with it...007 nightfire and the sims (what fun) i have installed battlefield 1942 and need for speed hot pursuit 2 and soldier of fortune 2 double helix and need for speed underground 2...all of the games will load...(cept sof2 - comes up with opengl error saying i need open gl...does this mean that the card doesnt support open gl or that the correct drivers are just not installed ?) but nfshp2, nfsu2 and bf1942 load into the game and you can play...just the game is messed up...textures are missing and junk like that....to me this means that simply the drivers are just not installed right...but it says the drivers are installed...and no problems are found...and what not...the drivers are for the matrox video card and not some generic card or w/e...do i just need to download the drivers for open gl (a friend told me that doing that would fix my problems...but i cant find opengl drivers anywhere)...i just want to play my games...and when my geforce comes i will be happy...but then the other computers wont be able to play games ( i network them together and play games against friends and family...)

Whoa matrox.. I thought that company went out of business a long time AGO. The last time I heard about that company was when I first began opening one of my first computers which was a compaq and it had a matrox PCI card in it.

Sorry to break it to you dude but the GeForce 2200 sucks man, that is like ancient artifacts there compared to like the new X800 XTPE's and the 6800 Ultra's. I mean I think a Geforce 5900 is arond 100 bucks these days.

The reason why the games texture is crap because your video card is too slow to load it. Sorry to say that man. It happened on my cousins computer and he has a Radeon 9000 pro. Send that 5200 back man, it's not worth it and you got ripped off. The 256Mb ram doesn't do anything, since your video card is probalby going to use only 128Mb, trust me that 5200 is not going to run full 256Mb ram, you won't see any difference, just trust me.

Return that 5200 because you got ripped off for it. This card http://www.newegg.com/Common/MessagePage.aspx?MsgCode=-1&ID=35

is much better than that geforce. It will be a MUCH MUCH MUCH far more better gaming experience for you and you will see the difference, trust me.