xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Reaver

No "delete Member" Link In IBP ACP Panel

Hi guys,I have just created a forum IPB 2.0 (hence posting here :lol: ) and yes i have skinned it and added a few mods aswell, just today i finished it and wanted to create a test user to try out my auto PM new members and so on now this user was created from the exact computer i was admin on ( if thats needed for cookies and such to give you more info) and yes there were sum bugs with the message content of my mod so i changed it so no major changes feeling satisfied i go to User and Group settings > Manage User > Test User ( my aim to delete this user) i get there and there is all the information except "delete member" so i search for all members in forum ( 1 that is Admin ) and it displays the 2 users and Admin has a "delete member" link and test user doesnt (Btw i moved test user from members to Clan group who are based on member group and dont have moderator status). I changed IP and went to delete Test User no effect. I made Test User Admin and went to delete him no link then either. So now i am stumped. (Searched IPB Main Site, This Forum and Invisionize)Hope i have given you enough details to help me.CheersReaver

Edited by microscopic^earthling (see edit history)

Lol.. sorry i can't help you here - but this indeed is a very funny problem.. Even I've installed IPB several times - but never faced such a situation. If nothing works out - you can simply use phpMyAdmin to delete that test-user record from your mysql database - that would work for sure :lol: although you'd have to delete the records from all relevant tables, and not just the main member's list table - or else it'll leave a whole bunch of orphaned stubs everywhere..

By any chance were you logged in as Test user?If you were you can't delete yourself while logged in as that user.Have you tried renaming the test user to your account.... maybe even name it like Welcome Bot or something.

By any chance were you logged in as Test user?If you were you can't delete yourself while logged in as that user.
Have you tried renaming the test user to your account.... maybe even name it like Welcome Bot or something.

I did login as test user and made a post by him thinking this wolud help the situation and register the user as active but alas no - i changed from my dezine computer to my email one and loged in as admin and no luck so the test user login is not an issue and Klass i will try renaming the user now and will post. Just to clarrify it is not a "welcome bot" the welcome PM is a mod in general settings so this Test User is a normal member.

Cheers for the suggestions

Reaver

Update as off this afternoon. Renamed Test User and things looked promising so i went to delete user and was shocked to find not a delete link in site (even the delete link for the admin has now been removed) but a subtle difference between the 2 is the admin account box ends at suspend user (no space at bottom) the test user account has a space at the bottom of the box for the "delete member" link but is physically not there.So as of now i may jut open my board and move rowdy members to banned or guest group :SReaver

You said you had some MODs on that Board did you manually install them or did you use the Modinstaller? and the area that would be concerned with modifying users would be the sources/Admin/ad_member.php file and here is the code for that case

//--------------------- 	 case 'del':    $this->delete_form();    break; 	 case 'delete2':    $this->delete_lookup_form();    break; 	 case 'dodelete':    $this->dodelete();    break; 	 case 'prune':    $this->prune_confirm();    break; 	 case 'doprune':    $this->doprune();    break;
Look in that file and be sure that it is there.

Manually installed them and used xml for auto table creation but php was edited by me and i havnt edited that area but i double checked anyways and my code is exactly that as you posted. So for now i can only hope its a glitch that will dissapear. By the way can i get a bad words xml of any1 here since the one n the net only has seven words and it would save me a lot of time.ThanksReaver

well if you have no one on your forum I would suggest starting over.install IPB add the test user, check if the delete is there.if yes install 1 mod, check deleteif yes install 2nd mod check deleteif yes install 3rd mod check deleteand so on.....if you answer NO then you have found your issue with the mod, or your edits.It is time consuming but it will not cause the issue like you stated above.

Sigh you are right i suppose but i must admit looking back now this re-install seems to be a daunting task because i can remember how long it took me to make the first forum (this is my first) if anything majorly goes wrong causing me to have no other choice but to re-install the i will definitely keep your method in mind Klass but for now if you guys can keep a secret :lol:i cant delete my members and they dont need to know about it so i will just move them to guest or banned accounts.Thanks for the helpReaver

If you haven't done the re-install then make sure that this functionis in your Sources/Admin/ad_member.php file. the function is in it's entirety below

//+---------------------------------------------------------------------------------[tab][/tab]//[tab][/tab]// DELETE MEMBER SET UP[tab][/tab]//[tab][/tab]//+---------------------------------------------------------------------------------[tab][/tab][tab][/tab]function delete_form() {  global $IN, $INFO, $DB, $SKIN, $ADMIN, $std, $MEMBER, $GROUP;    $ADMIN->page_title = "Member Account Deletion";    $ADMIN->page_detail = "Search for a member to delete by enter part or all of the username, or configure the prune form.";      $mem_group[0] = array( '0', 'Any member group' );    $DB->query("SELECT g_id, g_title FROM astahost_groups ORDER BY g_title");    while ( $r = $DB->fetch_row() )  { [tab][/tab] $mem_group[] = array( $r['g_id'] , $r['g_title'] );  }    //+-------------------------------    $ADMIN->html .= $SKIN->start_form( array( 1 => array( 'code'  , 'delete2' ),              2 => array( 'act'   , 'mem'     ),              )      );    //+-------------------------------    $SKIN->td_header[] = array( " "  , "40%" );  $SKIN->td_header[] = array( " "  , "60%" );    //+-------------------------------    $ADMIN->html .= $SKIN->start_table( "Member Lookup" );                  $ADMIN->html .= $SKIN->add_td_row( array( "<b>Enter part or all of the usersname</b>" ,              $SKIN->form_input( "USER_NAME" )              )      );                $ADMIN->html .= $SKIN->end_form("Find Member Account");             $ADMIN->html .= $SKIN->end_table();    //+-------------------------------  //+-------------------------------    $ADMIN->html .= $SKIN->start_form( array( 1 => array( 'code'  , 'prune' ),              2 => array( 'act'   , 'mem'     ),              )      );    //+-------------------------------    $SKIN->td_header[] = array( " "  , "40%" );  $SKIN->td_header[] = array( " "  , "60%" );    //+-------------------------------    $ADMIN->html .= $SKIN->start_table( "<u>or</u> remove members where..." );                  $ADMIN->html .= $SKIN->add_td_row( array( "<b>The members last post was over [x] days ago.</b><br>([x] = number entered)<br>(Leave blank to omit from query)" ,              $SKIN->form_input( "last_post", '60')              )      );    $ADMIN->html .= $SKIN->add_td_row( array( "<b><u>and</u> where the member has less than [x] posts</b><br>([x] = number entered)<br>(Leave blank to omit from query)" ,              $SKIN->form_input( "posts", '100')              )      );                $ADMIN->html .= $SKIN->add_td_row( array( "<b><u>and</u> where the member joined [x] days ago</b><br>([x] = number entered)<br>(Leave blank to omit from query)" ,              $SKIN->form_input( "joined", '365')              )      );                $ADMIN->html .= $SKIN->add_td_row( array( "<b><u>and</u> the member group is...</b>" ,              $SKIN->form_dropdown( "mgroup",                  $mem_group,                    0                     )              )      );                            $ADMIN->html .= $SKIN->end_form("Prune members");             $ADMIN->html .= $SKIN->end_table();    $ADMIN->output();    [tab][/tab]}[tab][/tab][tab][/tab]//+---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you can't find that function in your code then that is where your problem probably is.

If you haven't done the re-install then make sure that this functionis in your Sources/Admin/ad_member.php file. the function is in it's entirety below

//+---------------------------------------------------------------------------------[tab][/tab]//[tab][/tab]// DELETE MEMBER SET UP[tab][/tab]//[tab][/tab]//+---------------------------------------------------------------------------------[tab][/tab][tab][/tab]function delete_form() {  global $IN, $INFO, $DB, $SKIN, $ADMIN, $std, $MEMBER, $GROUP;    $ADMIN->page_title = "Member Account Deletion";    $ADMIN->page_detail = "Search for a member to delete by enter part or all of the username, or configure the prune form.";      $mem_group[0] = array( '0', 'Any member group' );    $DB->query("SELECT g_id, g_title FROM astahost_groups ORDER BY g_title");    while ( $r = $DB->fetch_row() )  { [tab][/tab] $mem_group[] = array( $r['g_id'] , $r['g_title'] );  }    //+-------------------------------    $ADMIN->html .= $SKIN->start_form( array( 1 => array( 'code'  , 'delete2' ),              2 => array( 'act'   , 'mem'     ),              )      );    //+-------------------------------    $SKIN->td_header[] = array( " "  , "40%" );  $SKIN->td_header[] = array( " "  , "60%" );    //+-------------------------------    $ADMIN->html .= $SKIN->start_table( "Member Lookup" );                  $ADMIN->html .= $SKIN->add_td_row( array( "<b>Enter part or all of the usersname</b>" ,              $SKIN->form_input( "USER_NAME" )              )      );                $ADMIN->html .= $SKIN->end_form("Find Member Account");             $ADMIN->html .= $SKIN->end_table();    //+-------------------------------  //+-------------------------------    $ADMIN->html .= $SKIN->start_form( array( 1 => array( 'code'  , 'prune' ),              2 => array( 'act'   , 'mem'     ),              )      );    //+-------------------------------    $SKIN->td_header[] = array( " "  , "40%" );  $SKIN->td_header[] = array( " "  , "60%" );    //+-------------------------------    $ADMIN->html .= $SKIN->start_table( "<u>or</u> remove members where..." );                  $ADMIN->html .= $SKIN->add_td_row( array( "<b>The members last post was over [x] days ago.</b><br>([x] = number entered)<br>(Leave blank to omit from query)" ,              $SKIN->form_input( "last_post", '60')              )      );    $ADMIN->html .= $SKIN->add_td_row( array( "<b><u>and</u> where the member has less than [x] posts</b><br>([x] = number entered)<br>(Leave blank to omit from query)" ,              $SKIN->form_input( "posts", '100')              )      );                $ADMIN->html .= $SKIN->add_td_row( array( "<b><u>and</u> where the member joined [x] days ago</b><br>([x] = number entered)<br>(Leave blank to omit from query)" ,              $SKIN->form_input( "joined", '365')              )      );                $ADMIN->html .= $SKIN->add_td_row( array( "<b><u>and</u> the member group is...</b>" ,              $SKIN->form_dropdown( "mgroup",                  $mem_group,                    0                     )              )      );                            $ADMIN->html .= $SKIN->end_form("Prune members");             $ADMIN->html .= $SKIN->end_table();    $ADMIN->output();    [tab][/tab]}[tab][/tab][tab][/tab]//+---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you can't find that function in your code then that is where your problem probably is.