xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
BigmanB

Panoramic Views For 3-d Lovers

I really like the option to do 3-d views with just a simple camera and a tripod (just for accuracy!) Panoramic views gives you the a great feeling like your in the picture. I'm just wondering what kind of programs are out there that will make it faster to stitch together my pictures that I have taken.I have been using a program called PTGui 4.1. It is a good program but I feel that some of the portions of the the software is very hard to control. It is the control panel where you put control points.Any help would be appreciated! :lol:

Have you ever heard of a Software called QTVR ? It stands for QuickTime Virtual Reality. It does exactly what you're looking for - stiches frame by frame panoramic shots and converts it into a smooth panning animation or still frame - either way you want it. Check out this site: http://imptestrm.com/rg-erdr.php?_dnm=www.fullscreenqtvr.com&_cfrg=1&_drid=as-drid-2908636497978342 - got loads of ready samples. In fact in the end product, you can pan and move on either axis with using your mouse.

While QTVR might not be free - I don't think you'll have much problem acquiring it :lol:

Well in Photoshop CS2 there is a thing that makes panoramas for you. it shows your something that they sugjest and then you can still move them around a bit to make it perfect. the feature is pretty good but it requires a lot of system preformance, disk space and ram memory. ive had some pretty satisfying results with it.