xisto Community
infamousflame

What Do You Think About Making An OS ?

You're off your rocker if you consider making it. It may be ok fiddling around with an existing OS (I have to say Linux, or this discussion would be open to legal implications), but to make an OS from scratch is idiotic for one person. It takes Microsoft (with a very large team of dedicated - but apparently not so clever - team) years to make an OS.

Well, it would be a really curious thing to make an OS in JAVA. I've heard about one being developed, but it is still too cold. I guess that lately we do not need more OS than MAC, WIN and *NUX, since all the software developed these days are for those three main OS s. But if you do so, you have to make it with a few ready software like an "office" package, a subtitle editor, a video player compatilble with all know codecs, a audio player that is good enough to handle mass of files, just to name a few. An OS sure means "LOTTA WORK TO DO".