xisto Community
bongbong18

Sharing Files In Windows Xp Home I always get an access denied mesage

Networking problem

Sharing Files In Windows Xp Home

Hi sir I am Nagaraju.D from India.

I have 10 systems and among them three are in one work group and 7 are in one workgroup. Now my problem is I have to send or receive files from these three systems to 7 systems and from 7 to 3 systems.

So please give me support , its a challenge to me to makeit which depends to my development in future.

I done onething ihave secured the admin user and I given another account as worker which is limited. And I set another system between 3 and 7 systems with to lan cards one is for three systems and another is for other 7 systems sharing. But here in this limited account Anu scriptmanager software for telugu typing is not working.

Please help me or how to block filesharing and ip adress sharing when they are running in admin user.

-reply by Raju

access denied to cd drive xp home both computersSharing Files In Windows Xp Home

Can share all types of folders between the two computers on the net I set up but when I try to use the cd drive which has the hand under it I get access denied. My little carry on has no cd drive so that is what I really need. I get all sorts of ideas about PRO but they don't apply to HOME can someone walk me through it? 

-question by Otto

[ when I try to use the cd drive which has the hand under it I get access denied. My little carry on has no cd drive

do you mean that you want, on one computer, to share the contents on the CD inserted in another computer ?I just tested this, it works perfectly. Of course, you cannot write on the remote folder, and you have a lot of warnings trying to prevent you from sharing the root folder of a drive, but I accessed it from the remote computer without any trouble.

My impression is that there is a tool "easy lan folder share"  which can solve the problems easily. you may search it at google.

-reply by queuegz

SharingSharing Files In Windows Xp Home

hi, Raju

I thin, solution for you r problem , you make 2 class IP but one domain..., or you make 2 group and 2 class IP , fo rexample...:

Class IP

A: 192.168.1.1 - 192.168.1.3 Group A

B : 192.168.2.1 - 192.168.2.7 Group B

Congrats to try..

-reply by zainal