xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
infamousflame

Disk Space Problem A couple of problems with disk space.

Hi,

In my cPanel, the disk space usage meter never changes, even when I delete a substantial folder of files. I always seems to read the same thing. I also got an email telling me I had used over 300%of my disk space?!? :( What should I do, I can'tvery easily tell what my exact usage is but it can't be over the limit I don't think. Can someone tell me how much space all the various files that are there that you don't put there like ht.access, frontpage extension config files, unknown folders etc. take up? Is it anywhere near 5MB? :(
Thanks a lot for any help, my account details are as follows:
Starter Package = 20MB disk space usage limit
Used space (supposedly): 62.79 plus 1.31 SQL disk usage.

I'm having the same problem. cPanel sent me an email saying that I've used up 150% of my disk space and I'm quite sure that I've not exceeded my limit yet. I think it's a small problem on the server configuaration part. In any case, my hosting account's not suspended yet. So I think it's not a big problem.

Yup Im reading im using too much, I just dont have the ammount of files it claims I have, 232MB yeah right, im sure the admins will fix it the minute they see it, in the mean time, I dont think its affecting the hosting.s

if you really want to know what your usage is when you add/delet files you will need to log out then back in. This is the only way I've been able to find to update the usage on the cpanel. It takes time but it works for me. Hope this helps ya out.

It seems that I'm having the same problem. My disk space usage is static - it has not surpassed the 0.00 MB mark yet, but I have plenty of data on my server to surpass it. Well, I wouldn't say it's a bad problem really. I'm assuming that its just another bug that the administrators have to fix, that's all.Actually, come to think of it, I do believe that this happened at Xisto before too. Nothing too get concerned about.

well since my upgrade to the standard package it constantly says that I've got 150 megs available, I've had to start using the Disk Usage Viewer and a calculator to keep tabs on my disk usage to keep from going over my allowed space usage.

The disk quota checker is VERY resource heavy, especially on the CPU, so for the best idea and efficiency it was disabled, its run periodically now, so if you can just keep an eye on your disk useage some other way, usually you can guesstimate how much your using, and the "Disk Useage" tab should help you by telling you how much is in each directory.

instead of using up my space on my hard drive, or on here, I like using rapidshare or megaupload.com to store videos programs documents anything really, they stay on there forever for free, as long as its downloaded once a month. :D Real easy to use and real helpfull for people with alot of files under 50 megs or so.