xisto Community
Neverseen

Failed Sending Email :: PHP ::

Well, I guess the admins are bored of all questions about the problems that came after the failure, but I'd just like to know if my "sending email php error" has something to do with the hosting. In fact, when someone is trying to register at my forum, they have this message

"Failed sending email :: PHP ::

DEBUG MODE

Line : 234

File : emailer.php"

And I get the same message when I'm trying to send a PM to someone.

So it would be nice to know if the reason is the hosting problem, and if yes, how soon it will be fixed.

Thanks in advance.

Couple of questions:1) The PM thing, is that PMing here or PMing at your site?2) Did you right the php script yourself?If the answer to #2 is yes, please post the script so we can see if the problem is with the script or with asta.~Viz

Couple of questions:

1) The PM thing, is that PMing here or PMing at your site?

2) Did you right the php script yourself?

If the answer to #2 is yes, please post the script so we can see if the problem is with the script or with asta.

~Viz

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thenks for the response :(

1) The PM thing was not here but in my forum

2) I didn't write this script, it's a phpBB forumm that's why I posted in this section :P

3) Now all works without any problem !! So it was the problem with the hosting and it's finally fixed ! Thanks ! :(

hmmm... I was so happy to see it all perfectly working, and now I'm checking it and here is already another problem ... :( It looks like the problems are endless...

now there's something wrong with the mySQL database :(

Warning: mysql_connect(): Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/tmp/mysql.sock' (2) in mysql4.php on line 48Warning: mysql_error(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL-Link resource in mysql4.php on line 330Warning: mysql_errno(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL-Link resource in mysql4.php on line 331phpBB : Critical Error Could not connect to the database

Any idea what it could be ??

Yep, MySQL is currently down on the server, the hardware change that Xisto had to undergo has messed many things up, and getting everything up to speed will take time. Things wil be avialable off and on until the server is all set up.~Viz

That error is one you would normally see on your local webserver because it is not connected to the internet and cannot send E-mail from your local server, so the problem was with the Xisto server. The PM system and the send mail for newly registered users both use the emailer file which is found in the includes directory includes/eamiler.php When servers are beong upgraded or being worked on or if there is a problem you can expect all sorts of strange behavior.

How do you fix ?

Failed Sending Email :: PHP ::

How do your hosting fixed following error :

"Failed sending email :: PHP ::

DEBUG MODE

Line : 234

File : emailer.Php"

-Santosh