xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Artluo100

Is There Anyway To Create PHP-Nuke Templates or edit your current one??

Notice from vujsa:
Moved the topic here to get more interest in the topic. Should get more replies this way.

my site : http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

I'm building this site for my Church's fellowship and I am wondering if I can edit this template and put in my own or create my own. I don't like the current templates and the other templates out there don't look good. Thanks.

:(

Of course you are aloud to make your own template.If I remember correctly all the phpnuke's are open source except the newest one in which they charge.Therefore you can download it and fool around with the code however you like. I think they like to keep their logo there though.But yes, almost all templates that can be found for phpnuke were made by others, so that means anybody can make one :(

Well, you can edit your template but you'll need to know some PHP and html to do so.

Look under /themes/theme_name/theme.php to edit the template.

Then you'll need to edit any images you'll use under /themes/theme_name/images/

And finally, edit the style sheet in /themes/theme_name/style/style.css

If you are not comfortable with editing or creating a template, there are several to choose from if you do a little searching.

I personally don't like PHP-Nuke but have tested it out enough to know that it has several templates to chose from. I rather use Mambo which not only has better features, it has literally hundreds of templates already and the template is 99% HTML so it is very easy to edit or create. I created a very lite template to use as a base for my final template. My website and template.

There are many members here that have the ability to help you with your project. Keep your options open. There are many programs availible and each has strong points that can either help or hinder your efforts.

It may be that PHP-Nuke is the best option for your project but it is difficult to use and hard to customize.

I would be happy to discuss your options more if you would like. Just post a list of features you will need on your website and a list of features you would like to have.

Hope this helps. :(

vujsa

While not an expert I do modify a lot of PHP-Nuke code and here is a link that will better help get you started making or modifying your themes, I tried to go to your site but it has been suspended, or I could offer more help. This will guide you through the process of the themes in PHP-Nuke you might also want to look at the Idiot Guide on the same site. This site is not a normal PHP-Nuke IT USES Invision forums instead of phpBB2. Here is the link to the info you are looking for. I think, at least it will get you started. PHP-Nuke HOWTO You will see a link to the Idiots Guide on the left hand side of the page.

I think that PHP-Nuke and Mambo have different target though both are so editable. Php-Nuke it's more "amusement-oriented", intended for young community that needs a cms to contain forums, images, jokes, colors and so on, Mambo it's more "business-oriented", the layout it's quite sober and look more "professional", I guess it's more indicated to your site :D
Anyway if you still care about phpnuke I can suggest you the easy php theme editor
http://nukecops.com/article418.html
It's free and very easy to use (it works like a module on your cms administration panel); I if you can't download it just drop me a line amlugil#hotmail.com

Bye!