xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
rogerton

Final Fantasy Vii The good and the bads

Well theres really nothing bad about Final fantasy VII. I cant wait until final fantasy VII advent children comes out!! The game was long and hard. with all the side quest and bosses! Do you have anything to say about FF VII. the good or the bads

Yeah there is really nothing bad to say about this game, truly it is a great game.But on a different note I didn't like the fact that Aeris, (Aerith) got killed, however I understand why that happened and yet I just couldn't stand it. It was mostly due to the fact that I spent so much time getting all of her limit breaks and not to mention her ultimate weapon, the Parasol, but still I can't really say anything bad about it I loved playing this game. I spent a lot of time in the Gold Saucer, that place was just to much fun for me, I really enjoyed the fact that they placed the motorcycle mingame, snowboard minigame, submarine minigame and that moogle game in that area so you could play them over and over, not to mention the chocobo races that you could race in after you started to breed chocobos, and the roller coaster shooting game.And I have heard that Final Fantasy: Advent Children is not going to just be released on the PSP (Playstation Portable) it will also be released on DVD as well, how great is that, I have wanted to see this sequel to Final Fantasy VII since I first heard about it, I think there is only a couple more months to go until it is released here.Oh, and has anyone seen the Final Fantasy VII technical demo for the PS3, it looks so great, they really should remake this game for that system, and maybe put in a way to bring Aeris (Aerith) back, I'm sorry I just have to say it again I couldn't stand losing her.

No shocker, I loved FF7 as well. I'd love if they DID make a remake of it but I mean...they mentioned making one for the PS2 generation and that never happened so its probably unlikely but who knows, we can hope.Advent Children is indeed said to be making a dvd appearance as well as comming out on the originally planned UMD's. Either way someone'll find a way to rip it offa UMD's and leak it to the net so I'm not worried...And as a final note - Personally I hope they NEVER give a way to keep Aeirth/Aeries alive. It would ruin the entire feel of the story IMO. I mean, that moment is probably one of my most well remembered moments in my gaming history and if they changed it or gave a way to avoid it I would hate it. Being sad that a character died and wanting to bring her back are two dif things. Was I sad at the moment? yes. Did it add to the story and the feeling of immersion of the game? For sure. I've always hated how everyone wanted a way to bring her back because I mean...thats not the story. I wouldn't want them taking that moment out of the game as I can't remember another time in a vid game that I actually felt that bad about a character dieing. Sure it was a ***** having wasted time leveling her up but still, in the end -if- they ever remake it I hope they stand true to their original idea of the story and don't give in to people wanting it changed.

I really love the game because of the way it combines the best of the best in terms of graphics, (although there are a few dodgy camera angles, but nothing is perfect) gameplay and music that will take you from a soothing melody to a quick and heavy tune. The only flaw, along with the camera angles is the story. The plot has a lot of twists and turns. The main character, Cloud Strife, a former member of an elite combat team working for the powerful electric company Shinra. But Cloud doubts himself a lot and is not 100% sure if he was in it. On Disc 1 you experience a flashback, but on disc two this happens again, both telling different sides of the story, but Cloud realises one of them, but I'm not going to tell you. Despite the size of that flaw, it is not as big as it may seem. It doesn't disturb the quality of the game. The FMV really does push the Playstation to the limit. What I really like is sometimes real-time game play is combined with FMV, giving you an oppertunity to control through half-cinema action sequence. I say half because the characters don't look as great as surroundings because they are moving. There are several great mini-games to play, like snow-boarding, motor-cycling and a sub-marine quest. These can all be re-played in an incredible theme park(and many more games)! You can even take a ride on a huge roller-coaster, and zap aliens at the same time! Final Fantasy VII is a huge game. It takes around 40 hours to complete it. But that doesn't involve breeding the cute and cuddly birds, called Chocobos. You have to breed them (racing,feeding and mating!) to receive great prices(and this takes from 10-20 hours)! For an extra challenge, you can take on the two strongest monsters in FF VII to receive more great prizes :(

I like FF7 en FF8, i played FF7 but i never finished it. But i finished ff8. I think that FF8 better than FF7. It have a better picture and system. I want to try FF7 Advent Children, but it is imposibble for me(right now). I have only Playstation 1. And i am not going to buy new Playstation or XBOX.

I thought FF7 was one of Playstations better games and will probably become one of the greatest classics. But yeah it did suck that aeris died. But the game had a great story line probably one of the best of its time, would be a great story for a movie if its ever poissible to make a half decent movie from a video game. FFVll sorta ruined the other FF's for me cause the only other one i have played was the original for Nintendo. And after i played and beat FFVll the new ones just didnt cut it for me. But imvery happy to hear that they are remaking FFVll for PS3 :(

ff7 wasnt all that special. Simply put it was just a solid rpg for people who realy didnt like rpgs. It helped get alot of people into the genre. Of course This may sound negative but thats not my intent. Is ff7 a good game? Yup. Was it all its cracked up to be? Nope. Is it the best rpg ever? Nope.I still go back to it on my pc every so often when I need a beak from more complex rpgs and mmorpgs. Theres no denying that ff7 was a blast to play, it just wasnt genre defining like it is made out to be.

Well since you even admitted it helped alot of people get into the genre, it would technically likely be 'genre defining' for those people since it was there only exposure to RPG's and as such would spawn a large population of gamers that define RPG's based on what they saw in FFVII...just...so ya kno

Your correct, too a point. I think alot of people graduated from FF7 to bigger skies. The thing with anything thats Introductery is that its simplified for the masses. Take for example childrens books. They get children into reading but when the children grow up they no longer read clifford the big red dog.Again, let me say im not basing the game. I have much respect for FF7 and still play it after all this time. Im just saying that it realy wasnt anything special. It was flashy and easy enough for the masses to get behind it is all.

Oh yea I know your not bashing it, I just disagree with you. I mean I agree with the simplification aspect of it, but that doesn't mean its not as great as many make it sound. Just because like...for my opinion if a game is loved by most everyone that plays it, that makes it a great game. If a game is redicuously high quality in the various factors that make a game an RPG...but lacks the enjoyment factor or isn't as fun to play as another game, I'd say it wasn't as great...but thats just how I personally decide whether I feel a game is great or not. I mean some people base it solely on graphics, some soely on gameplay, me...pretty much just all around enjoyment. So theres my 3.756 cents

I thought this game was alot more than just an RPG to try to get people into rpgs. I thought it was square's way of trying to prove that not all RPGs have to be set in medevil time with just knights, mages, and kings. They did an excellent job with the story line and their game is very well designed. If they ever made a remake of this with updated graphics I would buy it the first day it came out.

Final Fantasy VII was the only game that I purchased a playstation just so I could play it. Nonetheless I loved the game, which sparked my interest in all the other Final Fantasy games. We can only hope for a remake version to appear for the PS3, since the tech demo at E3 teased us horribly.