xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
saxsux

Panda Server Failure

I know that at the moment the panda server is down, and our files are all being transfered, etc, etcBut are we still being charged for this? Seeing as our sites are going to be down for quite a while, shouldn't Hosting Credits be frosen where they are or something, after all, we a re effectively paying for nothing.

Maybe you're right, but I wouldn't want to call it PAYING, we are all paying nothing, Xisto is accepting words instead of money, so in my eyes it's not really paying. GreetingZ

To answer your question, no. The free hosting account comes with no warranty of uptime, service, or data loss.Having said that, were talkiing about maybe a half of a credit. Even if the server is down for a full day and a whole credit is lost, one decent post will more than make up for it. If posts counted for credit in this forum, you would have made the difference up already.Fortunately for all of us, the server went down at the best posible time. Late Sunday night early Monday morning is the slowest time on the internet so there should be little worry about lost visitors. Additionally, being the slowest traffic time, it should expedite the transfer of data due to fewer page requests.If you really want to help out, don't try to load your page until word is given that the server is back up. Attempt to load your website before then only slow the data transfer. Of course OpaQue could have just reset the server and waited until all of our data was lost before addressing the problem.Long story short, not hosting credit adjustments. We are all affected and we'll just have to make the best of the situation.vujsa

I`ld have to agree with hazeshow on this one we`re not actualy paying, Cmon.But I also think saxsux has a point even if it`s a small one.BUT on the other hand if they freeze the credits we would`nt be able to build up either,(_SNAPS_)*SO POEPLE HANDS OF THE KEYBOARDS THIS IS A STRIKE I REPEAT THIS IS A STRIKE**LET THIS BE CLEAR IF YOU`RE NOT WITH US YOU`RE AGAINST US*(_SNAPS BACK TO NORMAL_)Nah man just joking, don`t mind that last part