xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
infamousflame

Mozilla Firefox And Runescape Problem I had with FFox and RScape.

When I tried to play Runescape in Mozilla's Free browser (Firefox), I couldn't. However, when I tried to play the game in Microsoft Internet Explorer, I could. It may be possible to play Runescape in Firefox by altering Firefox's settings, or it could just have been me or chance or something that caused me to have a problem.

How about maybe a link to the game or whatever it is. Also it is possible that it uses code that is particular only to Internet Explorer..it whould have told you that on the website, but it might be from someone who is kinda new to programming and doesn't know they hcave created something that sont work on a Mozilla.

Have you tried installing the Java plugin for Firefox?Since Runescape is Java, you will need to install the plugin (it doesn't come as standard with Firefox), but it will have worked with Internet Explorer because IE has it has default.

Try hiting the tools --> Options --> Then hit the tab for Web features and make sure that on the bottom "Enable Java" and "Enable Javascript" is enabled. I use Firefox to play runescape and it works just fine. The only thing that Firefox doesn't seem to do when I play Runescape is give me sound, but thats O.K.

ya i used to have same problem when i was younger! sometimes firefox doesnt carry the exact plugins like internet explorer carries! you might think soo but it doesnt and not all plugins and modules can firefox carry! (ive learned that from pasts experience!) but you can actually get runescape browsers themselves that qauto connect you to your fav world when opens and stuff pretty cool! (psssh too many newbies and youngies in runescpae go for SWG(star wars galaxies))

Firefox uses a lot of memory alone, but with runescape, it will add another 30,000K or more mem usage(check task manager). Also if u try to use runescape on it it tends to take up 99% of the computer usage. I can get it to work fine onmy new, memory extended xp but with any of my old/low memory or bandwidth computers, it doesn't work on. so basically runescape will work on firefox if u have a high performing, high memory computer but if ur computer sux dont try it. lolAlso, I used to play runescape wen I was younger, stupid, and didnt know anything about the internet but as i got older i found tht it was extremely stupid, bad graphics, poor fighting, too many retarded little kids play it, and i dont like the people who made it.

Edited by jake658879 (see edit history)

am i going to download something just to play runescape?

Mozilla Firefox And Runescape

I tried the sun java but it always stops when it starts to copy new files.. What will I do to play runescape?

-reply by m0nst3rkiLL