xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
tansqrx

Yahoo! Protocol Tutorial - Any Interest?

Well quite some time ago I got the crazy idea to research Yahoo! Messenger security. Of course this required me to research the Messenger protocol and to my dismay I found very little. In fact the only way I could find anything out about how Yahoo! Messenger communicates was to fire up Ethereal and packet sniff.Well after that I have compled quite abit of information and have created a lot of supporting diagrams and explinations. I have mapped the login process and many of the more common events. My question is this: Would anyone be intersted in my findings? If I do post it would be in about 5 parts with anything you need to write your own Messenger client.

Sure man. Give us everything that u've got.... Good job and as ^ said Great Research!!

I have same problem with continuing that packet string. Something to do with the font.Cant wait for the log in explanation. /txtmngr/images/smileys/smiley4.Gif

-reply by data2delete