xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Cookiemonster1405241499

Anti Virus whats ur one u use

What is the best anti virus  

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I am using McAfee its awsum, stops all viruses and its firewall is excellent, but please tell me your best one from the list.Nortan is not that good never liked it never used it never will lol , but thats my opinion. :(

you also forgot Sophos which is for Business'sI was running Norton 2004 fully update and it found 0 virus's on the computer.I install Sophos fully updated it finds 177 Virus's on the same computer Norton was unable to locate.Sophos has my Votebut like I said it is for Business's

I'd totally vote for BitDefender - while its oriented more towards the home user and it's scan engine is a little slower that it's contemporaries - it successfully manages to catch way more viruses and adware that any of the others. Last 7 months - not a SINGLE virus/worm has managed to slip through - even though I'm online almost 24/7 and doing some heavy downloads. The integrated firewall works quite well too :( And on top of that it's extremely cheap when compared to its counterparts and their after sales service is really good.

Hey ! And what about AVAST! ??I have been using a different very popular Anti Virus that was purchased 9 months ago up to now.The reason is that I came across the Avast site just by chance, and the company feels that the only way to cut down on computer viruses is to provide the software free of charge for the home user. So I downloaded the software run it along side my other anti virus. Avast detected a Trojan Virus in a download which the other did not. Just to see that it was not a hoax I did an online scan with a 3rd Virus Package and the virus was found.Avast has really helped me out as I cannot afford virus software at present and is available to anyone. Avast also supply a licence that needs entering and the software is Valid for 14 months at which time you just re-register free again.There should be more companies like this, giving back to the community and also helping clean up the Net.I cannot thank Avast enough and would highly recommend checking out the site. Just type Avast in search and Bob's your uncle. Avast also have a virus cleaner if your system is infected and in turn isolates it.Keep up the good work Avast and thanks again.Finally I was very concerned that my Norton software is only 9months old, however did not detect a Trojan Delphi that I received 2 weeks ago which is a bit worrying!!!! Avast detected it straight away with Norton finally 3 days later :-( I also ran an online scan with the Panda Software which detected the virus straight away too. Still waiting for a reply from Norton as to why so slowwwwwww in detection. Still you can never be too safe and would recommend using Avast in addition although I'll use it as a Primary with Norton SECOND BEST. I seem to be receiving 1-2 updates per day from Avast which is also a good sign as normally with other software just 1-2 times per week. It is also very comforting when I hear the words "Your Database has been updated" which is done automatically when the settings are set.

I use KasperSky anti virus - i have used many anti-virus applications but i find this 1 to be far the most effective so far.As a firewall i use Outpost pro - this is SO much betetr than zone alarm, which i know a lot of users use.

First I was using Norton but it is the worst anti virus I feel because it is a resource hog. So sooner I have migrated to Avast and it is a preey good antivirus and it is free. I am totally agreed with NeverSeen in this regard. Yesterday I have also downloaded AVG just for testing it. I think it is also a good antivirus.The poll options in this poll are not correct. AVG, Avast, Kapersky, Panda, Nod32 are not it options but they are very popular antivirus. There should be atleast a option for "Other". I hope any moderator can do it.

yea i agree, an option for other is needed! - i think its funny that norton is the most known anti-virus software but for the users that know a bit about wot they r doing none of them choose it. There r so many better alternatives out there that havnt got the same publicity - shame.

sorry guys i couldnt remember that many anti viruses, i did use bitdefender but it seemed to always mess up my home network for some reason and would not connect to the internet. Bitdefender is made from so many other anti virus techknowlagy but still good. AVAST is a great anti virus but still you have to crack it as i cant be asked to go buy it :( but its not like no one else does it :P but only heard of kasprey a little bit, i have tried it but a bit confusing :(

I'm using Norton Internet security and I'm having no problems with it. Maybe Norton slows down PC, but I can't say so... Norton works perfect with my Celeron 2.4GHz. Maybe becouse of 512Mb RAM :(

Has anyone thought of this for an idea- combining the usage of a couple of anti-virus, like AVG and McAfee, so that you've got paid support with a free backup, so that either one could double check the other. Viable, or am I just being stupid or naive?

I didn't use much, but i'm not happy about mcafee, it makes your computer teribely slow. Now I use norton, i'm don't have anything bad to say about it. It works fine for me.