xisto Community
Houdini

What Is The Group [banned]

I see some members that say group [banned] what does that mean, if they are banned does that mean they can't be on this site anymore and those are just posts they made before being banned? I just want to know.

Usually that group contains users that made complete idiots of themselves, got caught and then insulted some... Or something similar...They get banned for different reasons, but the result is the same, they're banned :D Basically it's names that have permanently lost their posting rights, lost shoutbox access, lost any chance on getting back. There's only one step greater than putting a member in the BANNED group and that's an IP ban, which is usually only used for members who basically post illegal material or seriously break just about every rule here and sign up with several names to do it again.

Usually that group contains users that made complete idiots of themselves, got caught and then insulted some... Or something similar...

They get banned for different reasons, but the result is the same, they're banned :D

Basically it's names that have permanently lost their posting rights, lost shoutbox access, lost any chance on getting back. There's only one step greater than putting a member in the BANNED group and that's an IP ban, which is usually only used for members who basically post illegal material or seriously break just about every rule here and sign up with several names to do it again.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That helps alot, so does this mean that if you see a post where they replied to another post that they were banned after they had made that post, I have seen two, one inparticular was a fellow that had posted about 8 posts in a row with a whole bunch of useless code all about some kind of inane menu that they considered "cool" and for whatever reason decided to copys and paste the entire code in all these goofy posts...for that fellow I could see the reason for being banned it was a stupid program freely available and not worth reproducing in an area where most users probably have gone way past all that stuff.

Thanks for the info...I am just one of those guys that likes to know things every now and then.

Actually, there are less severe methods of banning than what moontwitch described, although they are being used less and less. A user can be banned for only a set amount of time. When a user is banned, they cannot make posts, although they can still log on to the forum (I believe because I have seen a banned member online once). They are then placed in the banned group so any post they made will adjust to have them listed as banned, but the post was made before the ban.~Viz