xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
organicbmx

Acehtml anyone use this program???

Hi, Don't worry yourself mate. I use AceHTML and I know that your not alone. It seems to be a small population of the designer world, but it's a good one. I don't think anyone really knows the advantages of AceHtml. I think it's great and wouldn't ditch it for the world. Sean.

niceits sort of like a super notepad with extra features. i quite like it, ive tried dreamweaver and i definatly prefer aceHTML!wondered if we could start a kind of ace users club thing?!!any tips or tricks that you have found for it? i'm sure im not getting the most out of the program. i dont seem to use many of the buttons, i only really use the css reference and the project files.

I used to use AceHTML about 2 years ago until it froze too much on my computer for no apparent reason. Now I use Notepad++, the open-source text editor for Windows. While AceHTML is very specific in editing HTML and PHP, Notepad++ is also very good, and allows you to do other things like C, C++, etc.

I've never heard of aceHTML but I agree with firefox, the notepad++ application is more then enough for most html coding needs (among other languages) so I very rarely bother looking for other editors. I've seen a few really nice ones on linux, and some IDE's have some nice features above and beyond what text editors can do, but for basic text editors notepadd++ usually takes the cake for me (on widnows at least) for any scripting, coding, HTMLing, etc.

I never tried using AceHTML, just saw some screenshots of it, well not bad.. I personally use as in most topics I said, PHP Designer and when I tried the latest version, it really got better and faster with more features, which really are good.. For simple viewing I try to use Notepad2 as it's very light and fast, I also have Notepad++ on Windows, which seems to have a lot of text editor features!