xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
soleimanian

How To Disable Registery!

How to disable Registery1)First run Group Policy Editor ,for this go to start menu > Run and type "Gpedit.msc " and click Ok.2) go to following address >> user configuration \ administrative templates \ system 2) in right side right click on "prevent access to registry editing tools" and select peroperties3)in dialog box select "Enabled" and then click oknow Registery editor is disabled! :D be succesfullsoleimanian :D

I think this will disable regedit (the program that u can use for editing registry). This would certainly not disable registry because it is one of the most important components of Windows. It will be very very hard for you to disable registry.Best regards, Florin Asavoaie.

Hey,Sorry if this sounds a bit silly but what is the point in disabling the registry editor (apart from stopping other users from editing the registry file)? wouldn't it be an inconvenience if you needed to make a change to your registry? :D

i agree with Philywiskaz and flachi the registry is one of the most important parts of the Windows Operating system. (i thought that accounts with limited access could not open any files in the System32 folder?!?). Even if you were to disable the registry editor there are many ways of adding, deleting and changing entries in the Registry. 1. Makes a .reg file 2. Create a simple program to interface with the registry and you will then have your own registry editor :DQuestion: If you were to turn of the registry editor, would programs still be able to access it? I have only written programs that edit and change the registry when the registry editor is enabled..

hey guys,

I have quiet the opposite problem, I can't register it says it has been diabled by uour adminstrator and I am the adminstrator!!

can any one help me? 

-reply by YoYo