xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
nakulgupta

Traktor Dj Studio Professional DJ Software

Last week was my fathers birthday and we had a dance party at our place. First we decided to burn an MP3 disc and play it in our player, but due to lack of continuity we decided against it. It was then that i came across this great software called Traktor DJ Studio by Native Instruments. It looked pretty good and was loaded with features. A list of the features that i liked.

Since i have a 4 channel sound card i was able to plugin my headphones and sample tracks before they were played

I could browse my music collection and select tracks to play

I could crossfade between tracks in a second

I could make playlists

That apart it's a great piece of software and i would like to know how many people use this.

Not to mention the party was a hit and i got paid 1000 INR (20USD) for doing a good job.

Yeah.. this software is really very good for mixing mp3's. You can even connect a MIDI controller and to mix like a real DJ, changing the pitch, the volume, filter frequencies with this external controller. Without any doubt, the best solution to mix on your PC :D Another awesome software for mixing on PC is Final Scratch, but it requires an external controller aswell. So, thumbs up for Traktor DJ, although I prefere to mix real vinyl :D

HeyI use Traktor DJ Studio.And i'm a pretty professional dj.I use it in combination with a really cheap program i buyed 2 years agocalled Dance Engine.Because i make my music in Dance Engine.And mix it further up with Traktor. So BUY a version and enjoy.Als an alternative you can use Magix Music Maker.But that is if you're a little more experienced.Greetz Luccie

That apart it's a great piece of software and i would like to know how many people use this.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well Nakul, I've used Traktor for about 5 years now... I stopped using it last month after I shifted to Linux.. now I'm spending all my time (well when I'm home anyway) figuring out my OS.. :-)..

You're absolutely correct in saying that Traktor is a great piece of S/W.. it's got all the basic features required to mix tracks and then some.. I used it while I was in the UK at all my friends' house parties..

All the very best with the DJ career.. :-)

Hey

I use Traktor DJ Studio.

And i'm a pretty professional dj.

I use it in combination with a really cheap program i buyed 2 years ago

called Dance Engine.

Because i make my music in Dance Engine.

And mix it further up with Traktor. So BUY a version and enjoy.

Als an alternative you can use Magix Music Maker.

But that is if you're a little more experienced.

Greetz Luccie

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hm... telling that you're a pretty professional DJ and at the same time making tracks in Dance Engine :D Looks a bit strange. Dance Engine as well as Music Maker are both for amateurs. And a professional DJ would rather play real vinyl than use Traktor DJ Studio :D No offence, but I've just seen this contradiction here :D

Can any Traktor DJ Studio users answer this question? Is it possible to have Traktor playing tracks from a playlist, going from song-song automatically, then you cue a new track not on the playlist, it plays the track and then automatically resumes the playlist?

So you understand, I'll paint a scenario. Imagine having a laptop behind the bar at a venue playing music over the house system. The person behind the bar can leave the music unattended most of the night. From time-to-time, they can quickly change the next song and resume whatever they were doing. After the song plays, the jukebox continues.

I may get Traktor if this works for me. I know there's other software out there that may be able to do this. All ideas are welcome. Thanks! :D

tag names missing when adding to Collection?

Traktor Dj Studio

Tag names missing when adding to Collection?

This is about setting up new playlists on T3 reinstall

When adding to Collection ,songs that originally came from iTunes,and had tag names,T3 does not carry over names,hence making a very tedious edit time to rename them all

Looked in manual/preferences, but I don't see a solution

-question by bobo55

TRAKTOR LETraktor Dj Studio

Hi, I am using Vista and am looking for a mixing programme that allows me to select music from my files (MP3,WMA etc..) create playlists, mix, cut songs short and then save the compilations to my computor then burn to CD. Will TRAKTOR LE support all my needs? Thanks

real djTraktor Dj Studio

yes, real djs use traktor scratch pro too, with audio 8 dj (a sound card from native instruments too), with that connected to cdj players or vinyl players your able to play mp3 as they were on the vinyl or the cd, in real time with real low latency such as 2ms... 

and for production they use ableton live, logic audio, cubase, pro tools, depends on what u prefer =) 

cheers

-reply by djasis

Can you play original audio records thru NI audiosTraktor Dj Studio

hey there guys! 

The question came after seeing a torq conectiv unit... A friend of mine uses a torq conectiv and he can play mp3 from his laptop thru the unit and controlled by a cdj/turntable or, just by turning all the way left a big knob in the unit, any audio cd/vinyl...

So my question is: is it possible to do the same with NI audio 4/8? 

NI's units have no (big) knob to turn so my hope is that you guys tell me that's possible (maybe thru traktor...) 

Thanks in advance!

Rui

traktor dj studioTraktor Dj Studio

Would it be possible with this software to have a playlist playing but to also have timed pre-recorded messages to play at certain allocated times?

-question by chris