xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
darkool

Nintendo Lovers: New Nintendo Releases In 2006 official release

Well, let's hope that by 2006 they have more then an empty casing to show at e3 =PI don't know whether to laugh or groan at the fact that Nintendo doesn't have they're next generation system in order yet. They've always been behind, and if they suddenly pull back and scrap the revolution and simply do hand held stuff and gamecube I wouldn't be surprised.Some where I thought I read that nintendo was bought out by sony or sega or something? Anybody know anythign about this?

It's sad that Nintendo can't compete with Playstation. I grew up playing Nintendo and Super Nintendo. It's impossible to beat Playstation, when dream cast came out they said that it would destroy Playstation. But dreamcast didn't even last a year.

It isn't impossible to "beat" playstation, the only thing that is holding it back is the fact that morr producers are making games for it than any other games consoles. The XBOX however is doing suprisingly well considering it is a new console which launched with only microsoft games producer support, and has sold millions of consoles throughout the work. The XBOX 360 will stun gamers with the 500+mhz GPUS. Nintendo however has made no backward compatibility between consoles and hense has lost a lot of their share in the market, which is sad cause i loved Nintendo 64 games like perfect dark, and zelda - very good games.

I think that since the Revolution will let you download games from all of the previous Nintendo systems that will boost it's sales for people like me who love the NES. The reason I like Nintendo is because their games go good with their system. Everytime a Sony releases a new system that is supposed to push gaming technology the game makers make games that push it even more and then the system ends up over heating quickly or freezing.

If you ask me, Nintendo certainly have the ability to do well, they have plenty of innovation and strange ideas (e.g. GBA-GC connection, Donkey Kong bongos...) and perhaps with being able to play old machines' games they'll become more popular. But one of the main things I think they need to focus on is the advertising.

I hear the Revolution is going to have some sort of touch feature to it. Honestly, I don't know where they're going with this. I mean, sure the DS is cool, but it's kinda hard to control what with the stylus and the pad at the same time. Also, I think the GC is a far cry from the PS2 and and X-Box. Sure, SSBM is pretty fun, when it comes to serious gaming, the GC just doesn't cut it. I'm not saying the GC is bad (I own one, and I love it :D ), but I just miss the glory days of the N64. Also, in response to Neonpaul, I don't think it's a matter of advertising. I think the main deterrent is the innovation and strange ideas themselves. These could only be embrace dby those willing to give something out of the ordinary a try, and lets face it: not everybody likes change.

I own a PSOne, old style clear case Gameboy, Black and White Gameboy Pocket, Nintendo64 and a GameboySP. recently i have playing the 64 more often than any other console. Personally i think the Gamecube and DS were terrible ideas, Sony must think Nintendo have done too good. because of their PSP, come on hand held devices were originally from Nintendo even if they did come out with a TV platform before their handhelds. AdvanaceSP was a great idea but they should have linked more games together. Other points of argue are the different style of graphics. all anyone thinks now is "How good are the graphics", i think storyline is more important. The Nintendo games have suffiecient graphics but great gameplay whereas XBOX and Playstation are just sticking to the "graphics are better" policy.

The new Nintendo will be release in 2006 , i dont know the precision date but i know that would be in this year.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeah from what i heard its gonna be released at or before the time the PS3 is released. It has also been confirmed that ALL past Nintendo made games will be free to download for use on the Revolution. Keep in mind this is only confirmed for games made by nintendo for all older consoles. I dunno if they are gonna make the Gamecube games downloadable because they have made it possible to play the GC discs in the Revolution. But the revolution is looking brighter and better by the minute, Im so ready to get one!!!!

I really don't much care for consoles. I have a PS2 dust collecter with 2 games, and that's about it. I will probally just buy the games for the new systems and play them in an emulator on the PC. The new nintendo does sound pretty sweet nonetheless.

the Nintendo Revolution will be released in July 2006, if I remember correctly. Also (ive heard), it will be able to play any nintendo game from a non-handheld console.

I am not a bit excited about it. They have hardly even released anything half-way decent for Gamecube or SP, and already they are talking about the release of their new innovative EMPTY CASING and an even smaller version of an old console? Nintendo is really going down the drain.

I just feel that ever since they released the N64 that nintendo havent really kept up with microsoft or sony. They have just been looking at the handheld market, and not at the console side of things.

Nintendo is in a state of decline. Some analysts have predicted that in as little as five years, Nintendo will drop out of the console race and only develop software. The Sony Playstation 2 is currently killing the others in the console race. And the XBox, while a bit klunky and unwieldy, clearly beats the Gamecube. The main thing Sony and Microsoft have over Nintendo is their third-party support. Nintendo is known for making excellent games itself but doesn't seem to have many friends when it comes to software.In upcomming years, the 360 will be a magnificent system. From what I've seen, it's capabilities are unimaginable. But the PS3 is also a competitor. Sony did not disappoint with it's upgrade to the original Playstation.In terms of handhelds: Sony kills. The PSP is clearly the better system over the Nintendo DS. While the DS is inovative with its dual touch screens. The PSP allows for so much more. It's ability to connect to a computer via USB cable and UMD disc format allows for many video, audio and gaming capabilites. Plus (my favorite), the PSP has the ability to connect wirelessly to the internet for downloads and upgrades. With "Wipeout Pure" a PSP user has a full internet browser on his handheld. The DS does not allow for this. Not to mention the physical attributes of the two systems.Bottom line: Sony and Microsoft will continue to battle for control of the console gaming industry. Sony will soon take control of handheld gaming. And Nintendo is going downhill.