xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
EJay

Gay Marriages For or Against

Are you for or against Gay Marriages?  

11 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I was just wondering what everyone's IMO wasMine is:I think that marriges are just bonding between two people, and making it legal in the eyes of god. I mean hey, if two people love eachother enough then Im all for it because Marrige is considered when certin people get to a point in thier life, when they reach the ending point that there relation status point can get to, they need marrige to get further. I don't even think that god cares whether we are gay or not.

I am a very religious person so I have some strong beliefs in this situation. I do not approve of it. Sure two people may love each other but they are sining in the eyes of christians everwhere. I do not believe that these people are born that way either. I mean if they were born that way, then why do we not have gay animals. Another thing is that they are controlling America. There are maybe about 1/8 of the population able to change a whole nation. Also the fact that they are now calling themselves a race. They are just lieing out yin-yang. They have taken this nation an turned it upside down. Take Canada for instance. They say that you can not speak out against them.

I believe its taught that people of the same sex are not to marry. I dont hate gays. You can love a person and not their behaviour. I was taught that God loves us and because he loves us he allows us the right to choose even if its something he told us not to do. He didnt make us robots to be controlled. So I love all people regardless of their religion, culture, sexual orientation. Like a parent who loves their child even when they do the wrong thing they still love them and wish the best for them, regardless of which path they take. But also as any good parent he disciplines his children too.

I think there is nothing wrong with two people who love each other getting married, and that's really what this is about.Back in the old days, same-sex relationships were considered immoral, and going against the social norm. In the present however, it has become more widely accepted for two people of the same gender to be involved in a relationship. Sadly, this has applied to women more than men.Personally, I feel that gay marriages should be legal, and have the same status as non-gay marriages.Edit: I just realised I might be giving the wrong impression in this post. I am not Gay myself, but I respect Freedom of Choice.

Yeah sure; I mean if it makes them happy, and to be honest (and I dont want to sound rude when I say this but here goes anyway) I dont really care, If they want to get married what impact does that have on my life?, and any way if it made the person happy I would let them marry a monkey, but that could just be me ( not that I want to marry a monkey)

They should have all the rights in this. I don?t even understand why gay couples want to get marry into the Church, as long as the christian (I talk mostly about catholics, don?t know what other christian communities think) community does not approve their sexual identity.I mean... they want to get all the rights but.... why would I want you to give me a big ceremony when you are thinking I?m in the wrong side? (even saying that I have a psychical disease or nonsenses like that). I?d opt for civil marriage... don?t care about the organised dogmatic religions and I neither would care if I were gay.

I'm all for it, I don't see anything wrong with gay / lesbian marriages. If people are attracted to the same sex, that's just the way they are, and they shouldn't be penalized for it. Some doctors believe being gay is actual something you're born with in your mind, and if that's true, then it's not exactly something that can be helped by the person, anyways, is it? I think people need to let it go, they're making too big of a deal over something so silly.

I'd like to add that i'm against 'marriage' as a whole if it be man/wife, man/man, woman/woman, man/horse whatever. I think that if two beings love each other hard enough, no other thing should be able to intefer with that whether it be religion or the government. I mean, who's going to see you're married. I think people should be allowe to get together and make babies if they really mean it. What is marriage anyway: dictionary.com defines 'marriage' as "The legal union of a man and woman as husband and wife." - again they say that normal marriage as known by man is between husband and wife. But then again, the legal union? As in, the church allows it? What about separation of church and state? Oh well maybe the government can decide on it too, i am not against a government but i am against someone who thinks it is wrong for 'unweds' to have children. Marriage, horsesheeeaaat, as long as there is love i think! "The careful student of history will discover that Christianity has been been of very little value in advanving civilization, but has done a great deal toward retarding it." - Matilda Joslyn Gage, just a very useful quote which has a strong point.

I am perfectly fine with gay marriage, but the ceremony itself isn't enough. Even in states where gays can marry, it's only right that gay couples enjoy the full marriage benefits extended to straight couples. For instance, hospital visitation rights. Isn't it simple human decency to allow one human being to see his partner in the hospital? Social security and health benefits, adoption rights, immigration, medical decisions... how can society deny gay couples these things?