xisto Community
illusion

Bots In Forum

I dont know where to put this topic but am psting it ehre...am working on mods in forums... can anyone tell how to add Bots in forums LOL i mean spiders.. i wana show fake activeness of forum.../can anyone tell>>??

Oh gosh, I really don't know! But, I think I know someone who does. Talk to Mick over at Jambutty.com Last time I checked they had that set up. It has been quite a while since I've been over there, though.

ye Bots work realy great cant u see 72 guest online at that time.. these are bots LOL.. I also wana attract them... thnx dereesel am gona check that site,.. can any one help me little more?

These bots (more properly known as spiders) are not rrally capable without extensive coding of maintaining an active stauts at this forum because active status is based on posting good posts. These bots are also usually programs that run on a server that constantly follow links on pages to find pages that seem to be worth adding to a databse of pages. They are actually quite easy to create if you have your own server that can keep a bot running.~Viz

Hello how r u. talking about the bots . bots are nowadays used for spamming but they can be useful like msn bots .MSN Bots are small program, that can add extra functionality to you MSN Messenger. Such as MSN Chatbots, MSN Smart Bots and many other MSN Messenger Bots.

What are bots and what do they do on forums? Can anyone explain the theory behind this thing. Maybe I can find something useful in it. Thanks in advance.

What are bots and what do they do on forums? Can anyone explain the theory behind this thing. Maybe I can find something useful in it. Thanks in advance.

Simply if you have your own forum and you have admin permissions, you can see all the people currently connected. If you have a look at the identity behind these connected persons, you will see that they are crawlers, from google or from somewhere else.
That was precisely the subject of the present topic, how to show evidence of the presence of these bots, and how to make more of them come to visit your site.
Of course, a lot of people don't want these bots inside their forum, because they use bandwidth, memory and other resource which could be more useful to human surfers.

Simply if you have your own forum and you have admin permissions, you can see all the people currently connected. If you have a look at the identity behind these connected persons, you will see that they are crawlers, from google or from somewhere else.That was precisely the subject of the present topic, how to show evidence of the presence of these bots, and how to make more of them come to visit your site.
Of course, a lot of people don't want these bots inside their forum, because they use bandwidth, memory and other resource which could be more useful to human surfers.

Sorry but I didn't get it.
Do people appear like bots or bots appear like users?
How will the forum admin differentiate between users and bots?