xisto Community
jcguy

Insufficient Disk Space

I've nearly run out of my 150mb diskspace limit, and I'm reviewing the files on my account. I noticed that the tmp folder occupies a large portion of my disk space. Does anyone knows what the function of the tmp folder is? Is it safe to delete files in this folder to save space? The mail folder also takes up a lot space, and I believed that the mails you've "deleted" are somehow still archived in that folder. Can I delete the files in these no-to-be-touched folders to save space?Is it possible to request for an increase in disk space, say by exchanging hosting credits for disk space? If I'm willing to host ads for Xisto, can a special arrangement for more space be made?Thanks in advance.

unfortunately, i don't believe that you will be able to get more space, even by suggesting trading hosting credits for it. You should think about getting paid hosting if you have almost run out of space, was it you who also ran out of bandwidth a while back or someone else? if this is the case you should be getting enough visitors for you to put adverts on your site like google adsense or whatever and get money by getting visitors to click them (nothing fraudulent though). about the folders, i am not sure, i think one of the mods or admins will have a great understanding of what the folders are and which can be deleted.