xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
ASR1405241491

Mambo Going Crazy I need help someone

Hey... I am not sure if it is the server or what but occasionally I cant do anything to update my website...When I try to configurate some of my components or perhaps use the wysiwyg in mambo, the html section and adding tables dont work... they just pop up with another screen with all these codes, instead of the interface itself... could somebody help me??I know it is not the cms itself, cuz sometimes it works.... I am in desperate need for help thanks!!!

Okay, I figure out part of the reason why its going crazy... for some reason the wysiwyg in mambo isnt working very well...I tried replacing it with another wysiwyg but it still didn't work as well...When I paste something from MS Word into the text field and try to save,it wouldnt do it.. but when I type in the text field, it would save... If anybody having the same problem please let me know... if anybody knows how to fix it please let me know as well, thank you!!!Chin CHin

I had this problem once..(or at least it sounds like it) i tried alot of different things...and found that it was working fine on a different computer...so i emtied my cookies (annoying having to login everywhere again) but still nothing so i tried deleting all the offline files... and right away that fixed it... hope that helps...and works.

I had the same problem as you two, and I fixed it exactly the same way as @non.First attempt at trying to fix it, I just deleted all the mambo files and re-installed it.

The Mambo wysiwyg is great for user contributed news etc. But for most admin uses, the wysiwyg is insufficient. It automatically strips out any advanced code preventing the use of most scripts. It is a nice security feature but I just turned it off.

I also have had many problems with cookies in Mambo. And as described above, I worked around it.

By the way, I found a better link directory system for Mambo called Bookmarks. You can find it at the Mambo development site.

The Bookmarks component uses an hierarchical directory system like Yahoo. The original Web Links supplied with Mambo is pretty basic.
Hope this helps, :D
vujsa

THanks a lot, it worked great for me.... I have ran into other problems like unable to write on config.php and stuff... I am not sure if I should do it, but I changed the permissions to some files for owner to read, write, and execute... Also my account create option is messed up... for some reason everytime they try to create an account there is an error... does anybody know why that happened? I went into cpanel change some options in the php table and got it to work to add accounts on the back-end, but on the front-end everything goes through fine, except it doesnt add the new created account ontot he website... If anybody knows how to fix that, please help me out, thanks....Chin chin.....