xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
zorlen

New Sig Banner This time its animated

I was getting bored with my old sig so I made a new one. This time around it's not a box, it's a little smaller and best of all, it's animated! oooooohhhhh.... Animation...... *drools* Anyways, I'm posting this to get a feel on what you guys think of it. Also, I know that the very end of the cycle is cut off a little, I'm just too lazy to make the name fade out this very second. This is also a homage to Half Life 2 and it's mods that I play, such as CSS and Plan of Attack. So, here's the banner:

Posted Image

hmmm, it seems that with all the flash banners on the page the animation slows slightly, at least near the beginning. to see it without the lag, [click here]

Good job!! Care to share with us how ya made it? You could post a tut on this one in the tutorial section :D However, I found the text harder to read, maybe a slightly different hue?

I really like it. It has an uncommon shap and the animating effects are sweet and simple. The quote that you put in it is cute. Overall I really like your siggy. It just takes a while to load at first on my computer, so . . . I don't know what to tell you about that. I would really like to know what kind of font you used when making your siggy, because I think its a cool font. I think that you should be proud of it and I don't think that you'll get bored of that one for a while now. Congrats on making a really good siggy and good luck in the future, I believe that any graphics that you make from here on out will be of good quality. :D

I used 3 fonts here, all available at DaFont.com. The smallest font, used in the first two lines of text to appear, is BM Gaia, a bitmap font. The next line of text to appear, the one saying "I Am," is the Resident Evil movie font. Finally, I used the Omega Sentry font to spell out my username, Zorlen.

As for a tutorial, I'll probably type one up sometime soon. I figured someone would want to know how I did the animations. It's really simple so it shouldn't take too long. Thankfully I kept the original .psd file.

I'm glad that you found the quote entertaining. Plato is the person who made that, believe it or not, minus the last two words that I added :D. As I said earlier, the sig is an adaptation of one that I use for Gaming forums where I usually go by Zuljin. Really the only thing different is the name.

for the animated text, you should use a bit text like bitdust 2 you can find that from http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ blending... well actually there isn't any blending it looks like your just colorized the picture and slapped it onto the sig, try just blending the character onto the background, select the character and use the feather (set it at around 30ish) should do it and use match colorThe border is cool though, break out of the ordinary!Umm I don't like how the I AM covers the render's face, not nicebut overall decently put togetherI don't do scores though so there is none(I know i'm pretty harsh, but thats cause I see a lot of potential in you to do better)

That is pretty cool what you have made...smooth animation, great colors, but I personally had to focus to read the text that appears first. Bit hard on the eyes with that outline? The cut off edges look ok but I thought that people came out of that fad?

I personally don't really like animated images, with the exception of some things, but I'm surprised how good it can really be. The background and text color and shading fir right in, and you've chose a very interseting color to make it with. What I also find interesting is the fact the shape, which is different. Usually, the sigs are square, but you've made it with cut cornors, so it really makes it look professionally done. I would give it a 10 out of 10.

Thanks for the feedback guys. And just so you all know, a tutorial for making the animations is well underway. I know that it's taking a while and I'm sorry, Graduation and family illnessess kinda took most of my time away. But as for the tutorial itself, I'm probably going to make an html page to show it off and make it available to download as well as a PSD of the banner itself so you guys can see the inner workings of the animations on the banner. So have patientce and hopefully I'll have the tutorial in before my hosting credits run out :D

:lol: so much for getting the tutorial before I run out of hosting credits. :lol: Oh well, I can always dig myself out of my hole (if it works that way). But anyways, sorry about not being on very often recently because of yard work, college orientations, opening bank accounts, nearly spilling about a ton (literally) of gravel all over a major road in Grand Rapids and being admitted into a Counter Strike clan has pretty much consumed my life recently. But, I have returned. I will hopefully have the next version of my website done by the time I get my hosting back up and the tutorial will be posted there, as well as the one that I have previously submitted. I'm truely sorry about the wait and if I have dissapointed anyone, again, I'm very sorry :lol:

I like it, its eye catching, not too in your face and its not your original 400x100 square siggie. Thumbs up from me!!!Just a question...When you come round to cutting of edges of the sig do you originally start with a transparent background? ive tried to do this but to no joy.