xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
solankyno1

My Web Directory All are invited.

Hi Friends,

I have recently joined Xisto. My website is Solanky Web Directory. It is a webdirectory not of same size but like Yahoo or Google directory :D . I have many categories on my website for vaious type of websites. One of the category is Personal Websites in which you can add your websites.

Please give your review on my website.

Thanks in advance.

Regards

Solanky

I appreciate the simplicity of the web directory, unlike some of the ones out there the navigation is core and simple, without huge graphics and javascript scripts slowing the page down. The banner and edging is simple, but could do with improvement. I personally don't find the greeny aqua colour very attractive, and the cyan and red are slightly painful on my eyes. Cyan is a colour I use minimally, and definitely not on large letters. It is bright, and not pretty when looked at for a while. However, the contrast with the darkish red is the main point of aescetic challenge in the banner. Choose either cyan or red, not both. Red and black are commonly seen, cyan and black is rarer but may affect the "professionalism" of the site.Other point is about content. Yes, its a new directory and you're waiting for people to discover it and such, but you don't need to wait for them. Surf around the net, link any good sites you find. People will be more willing to come back if there is an impressive range of sites on there. Some interactivity might also attract more people - have votes on how good the sites are, add polls, boards, quizzes and other mentally unchallenging trivial diversions. People like those :DHope that was of some help.jet

Thanks a lot JET , for such a nice and honest review of my website. You are right that the colours can be improved. But i have tested a lot of colours and at first the scheme was different but people have suggested me to change that and now this is the colour scheme. I will try to improve that more if possible. Content is the most important thing you are right. But I don't have so much time because I am doing job side by side my studies. I am doing this work in slow speed which I will try to improve.Thanks once again for your valuable suggestions.RegardsSolanky

Hey Solanky,I really like your idea there :D It's nice to see :D Also the design is simple, which is good. Most designers/newbies go wrong in that aspect, they shoot a site full of graphics and flashy bits. I hate that LOL.I do agree with Jet on the colours. Even though the greenish is nice, don't get me wrong, I feel there is not enough unity in the colourscheme you've used. For example, I would completely drop the pink link colour, it hurts.I may not always have good suggestions, so I am warning you ahead of time :DI say "go for a greenish colourscheme" I am serious, most companies use blue as main colours, be different go for soft greens :D But kudos to you, for undertaking a webdirectory (don't ask me what kudos means, but most of my friends use it as a pat on the back to say wow well done and good luck like)

Hi moonwitch, Thanks for your nice comments on my web directory. Your sense of humour is also very good. I would take care of your suggetion about the colour scheme.