xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
mimi_m

Yahoo Launch... What Do You Think?

I discovered Yahoo Launch about a year ago, and I found it to be pretty damn good. You can choose or customize your own radio, with music to suit you. And its little smart recording feature records and adjusts itself to better find and play music that you're more in tune with. All the ads are just a little annoying, but I think it's great.Tell me what you guys think, is there another music site out there that's better?

Hi,I really like to watch these videos, but I hate it that they're only in streaming format. I tried to save them on harddisk, but it's pretty hard to find out the real URL's of the original files. I was successful once using a programm called URL Snooper, but meanwhile I forgot how it worked. :) Perhaps somebody could post a tutorial here?GreetingZ

If you use Yahoo! Launch for music only and you don't want to veiw all of those ads just use Yahoo! Messenger V. 6,0,0,1750 which has Yahoo! Launch

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Wow, it does too! thanks for the great tip!

I was successful once using a programm called URL Snooper, but meanwhile I forgot how it worked.  Perhaps somebody could post a tutorial here?

Hi I'm just wondering about this tihng over here. I'm curious about this "downloading of music" and stuff like that from unofficial sites. If you want to download the file you go - "rightclick, save target as" right? When the file gets saved on your harddisk it is always different. Sometimes i have to load it form the internet and sometimes i get to view it without the internet on. May i know what's the problem here? I'm totally confused. Does it have anything to do with movie "streaming" or anything like that? Thanks.

Well, to be perfectly honest I've never listened to music via the Internet. I have a CD player from 1998 and an adorable radio from way back in the 70's I bought at the Flea Market. :D But, the radio station I most often listen to (The Classical Station, 89.7 WCPE) is CONSTANTLY metioning that listeners can tune in on the internet. Is this Yahoo thing what they are talking about?

ya i too did discover this a few yrs back.. i found it koo.. b.c i would find top 10 songs..videos.. and then look them up on itunes.. or buy them in stores.. so i found it usefull to get the top music

Well, to be perfectly honest I've never listened to music via the Internet. I have a CD player from 1998 and an adorable radio from way back in the 70's I bought at the Flea Market.  :D  But, the radio station I most often listen to (The Classical Station, 89.7 WCPE) is CONSTANTLY metioning that listeners can tune in on the internet. Is this Yahoo thing what they are talking about?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

No. More and more radio stations are putting up their own website, which serves to promote them better (giving them a presence on the 'net) and allow them to garner more advertising dollars. Yahoo Launch is an independent arm of Yahoo, and not affilliated with any commercial radio station. When you use Launch, you build your own "radio station", allowing you to customize your musical content to your favorites, on a rating system. It then "suggests" other music/artists based on your ratings.

Hope that answers your question...

yahoo lauch is perfect , some times it s annoying but :blink: i love it . the adds trouble me but the music they provide is simply amazing dude, i need not select the songs i want they provide u simply superb songs which i cant find through net also , when i want to listen some newsongs i surf the net but i dont get it . by this yahoo launch i can hear the songs i want B) just sit back n enjoy the songs and videos u want thats the yahoo launch from my side :P