xisto Community
Philywiskaz

Swat 4 What do you think about this game?

Hey everyone,I've been playing SWAT 4 for the past few weeks and I've found I'm pretty much addicted to this game:). A few of my friends cant stand this game, and i was just wondering what your guy's opinion of the game was :) just to see if I'm not the only one out there that likes this game :).Thanks for your feedback in advance.

i havent played multiplayer yet, but single player is pretty fun,i can see y some people dont like it, like if u play on hard difficulty u cant just run around shooting thingsu have to be alot more professional, which i think is goodthis game i think u either like it or dont, they might not like tactical shooting gamesif u liked swat 2 or 3 u will like swat 4 obviously :)

Wow!88 views and only 1 reply :D Seems like there aren't that many people that have played this game. Thanks for replying Jay0. Anyway... to all of the people that haven't given this game a go, as you can most likely work out from my original post, I HIGHLY recommend this game to anyone that is into tactics and to those of you that simply like to run in and do busts on drug dealers or take out guys trying to rob a bank and so on :D it truly is a great game. if you think you might like this game, try and find a demo version and then see how you feel as this game isn't for everyone, and does require tactics, cause if you go in guns blazing not only will you run out of ammo pretty quick but you will most likely fail the mission :D

I have recently...aquired...a copy of this game but have yet to bother installing it. Been playing KOTOR2...and then San Andreas is comming out for PC soon...but once I get done with both of those I'll be sure to check out SWAT4 and letcha all know what I think of it, lol.But yea I have played those style tactical shooters before and I've heard S4 is well polished and nicely done so I'll probably enjoy it alot. :D

HI Guys, I personally couldn't stop playing the SWAT series, especially no.4. I think it's either a game you love or you hate, I don't think it's really possible to be inbetween with a battle simulation like this. I don't think the multiplayer stands up to much, but that isn't really a big deal as the single player makes up for that. I only wish that (me being a Brit) you played as part of the Special Air Service (S.A.S) which are without a doubt the most skilled Special Forces team in the world. Apart from that, I think the games great. Sean.

the game is really fun in my opinion, I just don't like the complicated controls/commands there are, I would be by a door getting ready to flashbang and I would accidently open the door which ends up in a blood bath.Another thing is how unbalanced the game is, I got into the game file and the targeting reticule of the suspects have 0 on them which means when they run it doesn't affect their aim, which sucks cause when you see them running past you you give chase to take them down and they turn around without aiming and kill you. I really hate that, if you want the game to be realistic the game should be realistic...on a funnier note, on the second level, the crazy lady is seriously crazy, I had to like flashbang, smoke, and tazer her to finally arrest her, haha old peopleanyways its a fun game single player but mulitplayer there is always so many idiots that TK making the game impossible to play.

LOL, I had a few problems with that old lady too, in my first attempt to get her to comply i shot her legs with non-lethal weapons until she was incapacitated :D unfortunately that caused me to fail the mission, so the next time around i gave her a good pelting with the O.C(PepperBall) gun ;)I found that i got fully use to the controls after the first 2 or 3 levels, i made a few mistakes along the way like using the Opti-wand to look under the door to see that no one was in the room and a few times i accidentally wasted a grenade on an empty room :DI also accidentally shot at one of my men using the sniper while he ran through a room to get to my position :DYeah it is pretty unfair how accurate the bad guys are, i also feel that the amount of accuracy you loose from moving is way too high. it pays to move slowly or not at all if you want a long distance shot :D

On the note of realism, game developers make their choices to all work in unison, not to necessarily make sense based on looking at any individual choice. Possibly their AI aiming code was inaacurate as it was so if they lowered the accuracy furthur while running it would make it so they never hit anything except a stray shot now and then....not that thats necessarily what happened///I just know their -could- be a logical explanation lol.Oh...and a game called SWAT is obviously not going to be about another special forces unit, obviously :D

Hey all,Thanks for all your posts, keep them coming :( by the way Sportadic22 you can actually run in SWAT 4 but the difference isn't that noticeable. I think its good that they went for a realistic game cause its not like you would have a SWAT team come running into a hostage situation jumping around everywhere and running at full speed through a group of terrorists :P although that would be quite funny to see :(

I want it! After living off Swat 3 I have to get Swat 4. I've alwayas wanted an S.A.S game and I think this is as close as you'll get. I can't stand games where you get hit, then you have to go and get medi-kits. I thunk it's stupid. I loved playing Swat 3 so yehr I'll probably buy this soon.What do you think of Project IGI2?

Hi, Yeah, I agree with U21 Webber, this game is good. After the long waited release of a 3d Swat game (Swat 3) I think it's good that they have added another one. Swat 3 was brilliant, the gameplay was good and the graphics weren't bad. Swat 4 should be just as good. Thanks, Sean Webber militaryknowledge@hotmail.co.uk

I played the beta/demos... SWAT 4 is definitely different from what I am used to. I usually play games like Halo or Unreal Tournament, and tend to avoid games like CounterStrike - although I still love everything Half-Life. Single-player seems like thats where a lot of the fun can be had. I guess because it isn't so much trial and error there for me as it is online? But I'll get better as a result, I hope.