xisto Community
xunIQ

Creating MySQL DB

Did you realy read my post?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

the only way to do that is to ask the host admin itself to create the database for you.

if you already have a username and password for the mysql connection and it have access to create new databases, then just use any other 3rd party mysql database administration software and a webversion of it is phpmyadmin..

some host just give you one database and they mostly have the same name as the web domain that you have..

:)

the only way to do that is to ask the host admin itself to create the database for you.

if you already have a username and password for the mysql connection and it have access to create new databases, then just use any other 3rd party mysql database administration software and a webversion of it is phpmyadmin..

some host just give you one database and they mostly have the same name as the web domain that you have..

:)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thganks for th info vortex!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

no problem, a tick in my reputation point will encourage me to participate more..just feel free to ask here in the board coz i am lurking this specific forum for databases and i will surely answer every question that i have knowledge of.. :)

Ohhh ... if ur Web Host doesnot have cPanel ...

than I think that u can create it using PHP itself ....

SQL Query through PHPmyAdmin

Just go to PHPmyAdmin and u can create a new Database either my using the GUI Interface or u can insert the MySQL query ..

If u want to insert the SQL Query than, I am assuming that u want to make a database named samya.

Than here is ur Query :

CREATE DATABASE `samya` ;

Thats it ... u are done ....

Using PHP

This is more or less similar to First method ...

Use this Code :

mysql_create_db('samya');

Keep one thing in mind that before calling for this function, u must have already connected with the Database ...

U can can connect with the database using this function :

<?php

$dbhost = 'localhost';

$dbuser = 'username';

$dbpass = 'password';

$conn = mysql_connect($dbhost, $dbuser, $dbpass) or die ('Error connecting to mysql');

?>

Place ur Databse username and Password into $dbuser and $dbpass

The value $dbhost is ur Host.

In more than 85% cases it is either :

localhost

However u may have a different value. Contact ur Hosting Provider for this purpose ..

If u know the MySQL server name and port number than u can insert this into $dbhost.

For example if the

MySQL server name is db2.mydomain.com and the

Port number is 3306 (it is also the default port number for MySQL)

then you you can modify the above code to :

$dbhost = 'db2.mydomain.com:3306';

Please note that u must have given the relevant permissions to the user before u can do all these ...

Otherwise, u gonna receive the error of Access Denied or No Priveleges

**** All Appreciations and Criticisms and Appreciations are welcome ****

Regards:

Samya Khalid

Hi my name is ronaldI would ask something i have made my personel computer as testserver.But my pc cant make connection to administrator password login my pc connects to the database and shows all tabels perfect but admin tabel he cant see. I thought it was the session. But i dont know it for sure Who can help me Contact me at Ronaldavex21_AT_hotmail_DOT_com

Hi my name is ronaldI would ask something i have made my personel computer as testserver.
But my pc cant make connection to administrator password login my pc connects to the database and shows all tabels perfect but admin tabel he cant see. I thought it was the session. But i dont know it for sure Who can help me Contact me at Ronaldavex21_AT_hotmail_DOT_com

did you check the ownership or access rights for the said table?
if you dont have a view access or list access rights to that table.
the table wont appear..

this gives me hell of a nightmare when i have accidentally set the owner of the table
as default [in my setup of mySQL on fedora core4, default is user nobody]

to make worst about the settings, i have ticked that only user default have access to
the database table and all will be deny.

so my account that i use to connect and share to my friends cant see the table..

--

try SQLYOG at webyog.com to see a visual GUI of who / or what access rights you have given to other mySQL accounts for that table.

/hope i help

And you are replying to what? The creator of the thread didn't need a free forum, he just needed a few pointers on how to install one on his server. Not to mention that this service is very unprofessional. I've already seen this template, which means it is free. Anyone who is doing some serious business should have a unique template.

I apologize ahead of time if I'm asking a redundant question that was already answered above.Anyway, is there a way to upload onto AwardSpace a MySQL database that was made offline on my own computer? Or, do I have to go through PHPMyAdmin and redo the entire database structure and repopulate the fields?I don't have a host account yet, but am considering getting one in the future. Thank you in advance for your help.

I apologize ahead of time if I'm asking a redundant question that was already answered above.
Anyway, is there a way to upload onto AwardSpace a MySQL database that was made offline on my own computer? Or, do I have to go through PHPMyAdmin and redo the entire database structure and repopulate the fields?

I don't have a host account yet, but am considering getting one in the future. Thank you in advance for your help.

I think that should be possible. Export the database you created on your personal computer onto a file - you may enable gzip if the file is large. Then, you need to connect to your AwardSpace account, get into the phpMyAdmin and then there is an option to import. Select it and select the file you have exported and see that you check options identical to that when you exported for compatibilty.

Using the above method, I have been able to setup database on my personal computer qutie similar to my website database. I know your case is the otherway round, but I do not see why the same solution cannot be used.

As he said, just go to phpmyadmin and export the SQL to create the database for you. That's all you need to do. Then copy and paste the sql or import it into a SQL window to create your database on your new server. If you have shell access you could possibly also run the sql directly from the command line.If you have any questions about how to do this feel free to ask. I'm sure someone will gladly help you. Although if you do a quick google for help in phpmysql I'm sure you won't find it very difficult.

Edited by minnieadkins (see edit history)

1. Log in CPanel

2. find the database manager to creat a new database.

normally, if your login username is AREO

then your MySQL Database Name/Username would be like "AREO_XXXXXX"

PS:Sometimes you can do it on phpmyadmin ~ it depends on your hosting.

3. you need to set up a password for your new database like"AREO_XXXXXX"

Note: you need to find out your db host (ie: wall.space.com, pls check your host provider)

the creatiing mysql db completed!!