xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
musichere

SMF Arade Question

Wow, you didn't get any errors on your first try at all? When I installed it, I had this error message that comes up whenever I try to access the messages, so I had to uninstall it and check out the support topic on the mod. After many tries, I finally figured out how to fix it: Going to a file called arcade_sql.php in the root directory of your forum and running it first. Then I installed the arcade and it was fixed.

Well it would be a rubbish mod if people expect to get errors installing it. My installation was just fine, I did it through the admin panel and it just worked, I am crap with computers so thank God for that...

Hmm... Do you know how to add the thumbnails to the games? I can't find it in the Admin panel...musichere, I heard that recently, there was another update to the mod. The bugs might be fixed in the new one.

OK I have another problem, I need to get rid of all the stupid avatar icons that the arcade leaves becuase one person has pretty much all the icons and when he posts a message it means you have to scroll down about three quarters of the page just to view the next message and it's very annoying.....

Hmm... Do you know how to add the thumbnails to the games? I can't find it in the Admin panel...

szupie, I think the game packages that you downloaded should have the icon files included with it (assuming you downloaded your games from smfgames.com). You just need to put them in the same Games folder like the actual swf game files.

OK I have another problem, I need to get rid of all the stupid avatar icons that the arcade leaves becuase one person has pretty much all the icons and when he posts a message it means you have to scroll down about three quarters of the page just to view the next message and it's very annoying.....

What avatars are these? The game icons? If you don't want those, I think you can go into the Games folder (FTP or login to your webhost account) and take out (delete) the game icons/images. That should take out the picture.