xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
iGuest

Cpu Temperatures

The temperature that you are experiencing is normal. Many people seem to think that 40 degrees and above are very extreme, but in reality they are not. My 2.8 ghz hyperthreading extreme edition is overclocking at 3 ghz and it is running at 43 degrees c. It is always nice to get some nice fans in your case; I myself have three, one for the cpu, one in the front that sucks air in and one in the back that blows it out. It's nice because my computer case has an air filter in the front so I don't have to worry about any dust getting into my computer and can still effectively cool the whole system. If noisy fans aren't your thing, just as in my case, there are many solutions that you can use to go about this problem. There are many fans out there that are quieter than others, but have lower rpm ratings. This doesn't necessarily mean that they aren't productive, but if you like to overclock a lot and commonly use cpu-intensive tasks, you may want to stick to the fans that can create more airflow but are louder as a result. But the one thing that I think is key to cooling your system is the type of case you have and how everything is layed out inside of it. Many cases nowadays have special insulations that help reduce noise and have conveniently placed fans and vents that help keep temps low. Anyways, I wouldn't really worry about the temperature that you are running at right now, but it's always nice to get some cooling upgrades for your computer if you have the money and the time. Good luck and let us know if you have any other questions or problems!