xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
iGuest

Cpu Temperatures

Many people OC... I have a 3Ghz Intel and my Idle temp is ~44C and Load temp is ~50C. Who cares about your CPU life becouse by the time it will die there will probably be Intel 4Ghz CPU's and you will probably have upgraded by then.

Well, :P my temperature is 70 grad C, I have athlon 1500 and cooler for Athlon 3000+, but nothing will help me :P:P

There's a handy little proggie out calle CPUIdle Extreme (http://www.cpuidle.de/). It helps drop temps pretty well. I dropped at least 4 deg C upon trying it out. Awesome little helper. Also, Motherboard Monitor (http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/) helps you monitor, and gain minor control over temp problems etc.Water/vapor cooling are other alternatives.I usually idle around 40 deg C with my xp2200+, but I benchmark higher than a usual 2200, without any overclocking, I just optimized.

I have an AMD 2000+ running at 70 degrees when the case is closed when i take off the case and am leaving open it falls to 63 degrees so i leave the case always open. you can also do something like this:you can open the case and put a normal fan in front of itin that way the temp. will drop by 5 to 10 degrees.Also you can take off the cooler from the cpu and clean the dust that it is in the cooler.the dust can make the cpu run in higher temperatures due to low air intake

Well,  :P my temperature is 70 grad C, I have athlon 1500 and cooler for Athlon 3000+, but nothing will help me  ;)  :)

5690[/snapback]

wow that is hot for a cpu temperature.

have you got heatsink paste on the base of the cooler ?

I'm not sure about my laptop, but I wouldn't be worried about it as it has good air ventalation.As for my server, a Pentium 4 2.4GHz, idling temperature is about 28 degrees celsius, with a customized copper heatsink, a good thermal compund, and 2 back fans. :P

So I was reading all your comments to this thread. One of you suggested to bring the temp down to work with your case open. Well what about dust? Dust is not so good for yoru computer you know. Plus if you have fuzzy pets even if you keep them out of your room with the computer the fur has a tendency to go whereever it pleases. You are far better off making sure you have a good cpu fan and a good power supply fan. Its also a good idea to make sure that none of the dust or dust bunnies have started to ubstruct your fan vents every couple of weeks or so. Overheating will kill your computer and will cause alot of errors. I will cause a blue screen too. Its important to keep your computer cool. Also it helps to turn off your computer occationally to allow it to cool down. If you are not using your computer anyway why leave it on.