xisto Community
Sadas

Living Without Computer Today - Is It Possible? How much time eats your computer? ;)

How much time per day do you spend by your computer?  

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Hello there. My family members keeps annoyingt me becouse of sitting by computer so much.They don't care, what am I doing: programming, reading news, posting in forums or reading emails - they allways think that I'm just having fun, and it's no use from computer LoL :(So I decided to ask, how much time a day do all of YOU spend sitting by computer? Just trying to find out: 6-8 hours per day is normal, or I can call myself computer maniac already... :D

Hehe Sadas - don't worry pal. Even I've gone through the exact same phase, which even went upto the extend of my mom snatching away my keyboard and mouse and locking' 'em up... Why? Coz I was SO into it that I'd eat, sleep, drink, if possible take a bath too - sitting in front the comp. They probably thought I was transforming into some cyber-maniac.. lol.. What happened next was I slipped out of the house and bought myself another set of keyboard and mouse - which I hid pretty well behind my clothes in my cupboard... I used to take extra precaution - always watching out for my parents car and turning things off immediately (both of them are doctors - so they were out of home max. time till around 11pm)But, even this time I got caught.. lol.. guess how?? One fine day my mom returned a little early in the evening. I used to shut things down well ahead of their arrival time.. I hadn't anticipated her coming back so soon - but anyways I managed to press the power hard & quick and turn things off - and hid the kb & mouse.. lol.. in comes my mom into my room to talk to me.. and by chance she happened to stand close to the monitor or, maybe somehow her hand touched the monitor - I forgot, but immediately she knew what was going on..the bloody monitor was HOT as hell... lol.. hahahaa... I can't but laugh my hearts out looking back at it now.. Wheeewww... what days were those :(

Funny story m^e :( Some time ago I was sitting by that "evil box" even more... Becouse I was living in an flat only with my sister. So nobody could shout at me when I was spending sleepless nights playing games. Even worse - some day I connected to internet and LAN. I played more than 10 hours per day... Everything my computer could run (it wasn't as fast as I wanted). Sometimes I even forgotten to eat :D I dunno why, but computer dissipates hunger, drowse and many other emotions... You said it right - sometimes I looked like a cyber-maniac :D Now it's 1.5 year I've got better computer. I can play almost every game. But I don't. Now I try to do some work insted. It's more usefull I think. And one more thing - I dont have so much time anymore. Anyway - it's the most important thing in my house... :P

Hello there. My family members keeps annoyingt me becouse of sitting by computer so much.

They don't care, what am I doing: programming, reading news, posting in forums or reading emails - they allways think that I'm just having fun, and it's no use from computer LoL :(

So I decided to ask, how much time a day do all of YOU spend sitting by computer? Just trying to find out: 6-8 hours per day is normal, or I can call myself computer maniac already... :D

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Heh, my dad nags me about that too. Anyway, I think we wouldn;t be able to survive. We today are reliant on computers for just about everything, so I chose the less than 1 hr choice :D.

I think it would be almost impossible for me to live without my computer. I used to spend all of my time on the computer but now I have a job and I guess that kind of has to come first, after school of course. But I still spend about 3 hours a day on the computer. My parents get upset when I'm on the computer because I blank out of what's going on around me. Honestly, I blast my music and the whole house could be falling on my head and I wouldn't even notice. That's just me though, so . . . .

oh man this is my story lol. i spend almost ALL of my time on my computers. i use it for irc, aim, yim, surfing the internet, building my site, etc. i CANT live more than a few days with out a computer. i would seriously go nuts lol. my parents have also tried to keep me off my computers by taking my wireless antenna off. but i found another one *evil grin* and kept using it when i had to. i guess i can say im a computer geek lol. but hey, computers are the future and knowing more and more can get you a really good job someday. i just cant believe how much technology has advanced in the 16 years i've been alive. its so amazing to think about what we'll come up with in the near future. i cant wait. and as pertaining to the topic, we have a few fairly new teachers to my high school, and we asked them one day if they could do with out a computer and most of them said "oh god no". so there you have it...most people cant live with out one. some people dont even have one! whats up with that. we need a PFC: 'puters for charity' lol. so what are your guys stories about your 'cant live' without a computer?

Considering the fact that nearly everyone lived without a computer 30 years ago. I know it is possible, but I have discovered personally that I can occupy my time with other things.I used to sit in front of the computer everyday for hours and hours, but then I started working and I got a boyfriend. I have found that with all these other things, spending time in front of the computer is not a main priority. I still enjoy spending time on the computer, but if it disappeared I would not notice right away and I would get over it fairly quickly.Computers are not a necessity, but they are a good way to occupy your time.

I get nagged too. Truth be told I probably spend on average 8-10 hours, but not non-stop. I do leave the house occasionally! But I speak to most of my friends online 'cos many don't live close enough to just go out and see, I have games, I co-run a couple of websites... but yeah most of the time I sit here & do *bottom* all.

I dont know one person without a computer... and when my comp crashed last year... well, lets just say it wasnt pleasant. ...i almost DIED!lol. Yup. Definately cant live without.

I'm in the 4-6 hour range when I'm on holidays, 1-3 during school time, and I don't stay on non-stopped either. I do other things In that 4-6 hour range [ eat, go out with friends, sketch, write, work out, etc.] Hey, I was the only kid in my class going into grade 8 that didn't have a computer. I was able to entertain myself before I got my computer in late 2001, so I don't think I would have a problem getting off of it for a few weeks now.The only problem I have is with kids who play games online from 10-12 hours non-stopped each day for a prolonged period of time. That's just sad. Those kids need to do something else. They need to participate in some physical activity, because doing that for years on end is a detriment to your social life, and more importantly - your health. But that's my opinion.

Well, I shure can't live without it, that's why I now have 3 computers in my room :P .I don't know how long I site behing my computer, it depends a bit, when it's school, I'm probably using it 4h or so (mostly between 17:00 and 22:00) and it is a problem, because I hardly study, I mean, half an hour of studying is a lot for me :) , but that explains my points a bit (altough, I only got ~5% less then somebody else who says she studys from 18:00 till 0:00 B) ).During the weekends, it's a lot more, realy something like 8h or so, same thing now.The only reason why I actualy sit behing the pc is because I have nothing else to do, realy, nothing, it sucks. I do have a hobby, but that's only on friday evening (and some performances, but nog too many lately :P ). And I don't like reading, so, nothing much left to do (and I don't have friends :D ).So, I'll vote 4-6h, seems fair since it's more school than weekend :D (no wait, that should be: :P )

I hate to break it to you, but ... you're not the only one. *grins*I live in an apartment. My desk, which is where I usually study, is in my bedroom. My laptop is on my desk. Therefore, even when I'm studying, I'm within two or three feet of the computer.Am I addicted, though? Of course. Why do you think I got a laptop? So I can take it home when I leave on weekends! *grins*