xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
iGuest

Astahost : Your Service Is Not Free astahost : shouldnt call it free

astahost : you should not call your service free as it isn't - as you demand 50 posts then in fact you are trading your service for people's content. I'm not giving you lots of content to get a bit of space. I only use free services, not paid ones that stupidly lie and pretend to be free. On yer bikes, you wrong'uns, you ignorant time wasters..............................

Xisto : you should not call your service free as it isn't - as you demand 50 posts then in fact you are trading your service for people's content. I'm not giving you lots of content to get a bit of space. I only use free services, not paid ones that stupidly lie and pretend to be free. On yer bikes, you wrong'uns, you ignorant time wasters..............................

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Ignore him :D What more can you expect from an ignorant fool who don't really have brains enough to contribute something meaningful other than random junk?

He's talking about not sharing his content here - but he misses out on the whole spirit of this forum.. To help each other out with computer problems and get help in return. I don't think there's NOT a single person on this board, who hasn't received anything back in return of all the time and posts that he/she's been devoting. This is, apart from the great free hosting services offered by OpaQue. Besides, he doesn't even even have the decency of pointing out some of his so called "Totally Free" sites which offer the range of features that our host offers. And he call's himself a "Truthful Webber" - irony or just flat-out display of having never developed a cerebral cortex advanced enough to be called a full human?

The attitude displayed is nothing short of "pedantic" - and a gross disregard for so many thousand members who happily intermingle and help each other out on this board. He's alone the Know-All - bow to him folks :( He's come amongst us... be terrorized :D What more do I need to say ?

You know, as an afterthough, I think he's one of the people who came in, in the past few days, and applied for hosting without making even a single post. I rebuked a few of them before denying hosting. So he probably came back to rant it out here - but obviously, he won't see that he himself is at fault for being denied hosting. Lol.. what a fool.

m^e

P.S. I know what to do with this post - moved to "Comments & Feedbacks" :P

Think before you post. This froum does not need slatering. If you are going to slater it, at least have some exacting evidence to back up your comments, if not, take a HIKE off a cliff. (A little extreme I know).Yours truthely,--mik

Your not actually paying anything are you. Its kinda like saying a girl is a ***** if she wants you to spend time with you before you sleep together.But, Yes, it is true. You dont get anything for nothing, that just dosnt work, people might have tried but in the end it dosnt work. If you want pay quality webhost then you have to give something for it. Here you give some time, you might even enjoy it. But if its such a pain then just go out and work, get some money and pay someone to host you.

Some people find life puzzling and never understand why others work or pay bills. Why people make commitments and feel that buying is wholesome but trading is divine.That when they try and fail it is their short coming and not others they blame for causing them to fail.Usually people like that spend their life in institutions. I hope you have not reached that stage seek help.

Actually, most other hosting sites are not free either... For example, the ones with ads/pop-ups/frames gives you space, but you are actually giving them money by advertising them or their sponsors. There are sites that don't have them, but they are usually really crappy. Downtime and data loss is what you have to pay in order to get the service. This service may consume some of our users' time, but quality hosting is what you get in return!

It's really not that difficult to make a few posts every few days and it does not cost any actual money to use this service. Very few other places privide the quality of service that this site provides. Is it really that hard to make a few posts in return for really good service.

Why you don't just check a dictionary for it? Check the word free and you'll find this:

Free: something you don't pay any money for

So at least the dictionary says Xisto is free.... personaly I don't care what you think, I just like Xisto like it is.

-=Jeroen=-

In terms of time = money, then no it isn't free. But as noted above, having banners, no features such as PHP or MySQL, crappy downtime, low space are common on other websites.

Plus, you are probably posting on website forums anyway, without getting a reward. Here it's like a "you help me, i'll help you and we'll both get paid for doing so situation". To me that is better than being a crappy free host.

Now if you want better, go get you mommy to pay for a paid domain that won't require you to post. With your current attitude; im sure your site will get loads of visitors.

Well if you look at it that way then no free service is free. They all want something for their service, whether it is an email address (so that they can sell it to spamers or email you ads), put ads on your site, or even force you to participate in surveys. Thankfully Xisto does not do any of that. Sure they want their members to post in their forum in exchange for free hosting, but I don't mind. I would rather do that then have ads forced onto my site, or emailed to me, or even pay money that I do not have.

However, warbird is right...

Why you don't just check a dictionary for it? Check the word free and you'll find this:

Free: something you don't pay any money for

So at least the dictionary says Xisto is free.... personaly I don't care what you think, I just like Xisto like it is.

-=Jeroen=-

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

So therefore Xisto is a free service.

I think you are stupid if this isn't free. It costs some time, but you get host with very good features, like cpanel and fantastico. And compare to some people here I know nothing about computers, but I'm only a week here and have already hosting. And you do not only get hosting space, you also get help. And I need much help, and they give it to me. There such nice people here and that's what counts :lol: