xisto Community
ninjamunky

Website Splash Give me feedback

Here's just a little something I threw together after school last night. I'm looking to make it into a splash for a website maybe. I'm thinking about adding some details on the sides. I've been playing around with hieroglyphics a little bit, sort of faded and worn away in some spots, but I need just the right effect of engraved but worn symbols. Or maybe something else, but I'm not sure just yet.

Posted Image

Hole cow !! That looks awesome...and sophisticated :( You can really transform that into something mindblowing.. Keep us posted on how it goes - just watch out for the colors you use.. This will make a terrific template :D

The glass orb effect is very well done although a lighter shade of blue would better convey the sense of glass.I like the whole simple style instead of the overwhored grunge style I've been seeing poping up everywhere now.The curves on each side are nice touches however, it would be better if you can make those horizontal as that gives the effect of a larger space.I really don't think you should add anything to it except maybe a glass button that says enter and a small light border maybevery nice job overall

Update

Posted Image

I'm thinking I might slice this up and maybe make the center a flash animation and make the shine flash across repeatedly every few seconds or so and then I'll have links to Macromedia's (or maybe it's Adobe's now...) Flash Player and other things needed underneath.

yes, the shine is definately a great idea as long as it doesn’t repeat like crazy, it certainly adds sophistication to your splash. I’m suggesting not to place the links onto your splash as it compromises the whole simple elegance of your splash. However, my suggestion would be to do a mouse over animation of the buttons so it would say flip over and sites would be there.Meh its kind of hard to visualize what I’m talking about.Again, this work is just getting better and better

I think I understand what you mean. I think that I will have the light intensify a little, but not too much, when you mouse over it and also have the plugin icons appear down below maybe. Or actually, aren't there like ActiveX controls or something that you can have run where that certificate comes up saying it's from Macromedia and the user accepts?? Or I think Flash has a function to go and get the user's version of the Flash Player. I could tell it that if it's not the most current open a new window with the download in it. Here's what I have now, added a bevel to the top and bottom.

Posted Image

It's awesome man! Maybe I would change that "ENTER" word from black color to white with little gray shadow... it would look better that way... but hey: that's mine opinion... just follow your instincts... :(

That looks amazing! The light 3-D effect looks awesome. I can't even think of any suggestions for it. I think the black text looks good because it adds some contrast that draws the attention of the viewer. I think the light contrast with the object and the background is good too, not too flashy, but looks professional. Great job, keep up the good work.

I really love the final version! ^^ It looks very professional; I’m impressed. I had to think of it a lot and have a very thorough view to realize I have nothing to comment on. The button look very embossed.

I really admire your talent! :)