xisto Community
ninjamunky

Website Splash Give me feedback

I think the image itself is quite sophisticated, but way, way, too big. Just in my personal opinion, splash images should be small, 400x500ish, have a simple picture with 'enter' and/or the site's name. while i love the idea of this image and the image itself, i would probably be scared away from the site if i saw that on a splash page. also, the purpose of a splash page usually is to display affiliates, ads if necessary, places to vote, and site requirements (resolution, browser, etc). With an image that large, you'd have to scroll to see that information which is also not appealing for a splash page.

I think the image itself is quite sophisticated, but way, way, too big. Just in my personal opinion, splash images should be small, 400x500ish, have a simple picture with 'enter' and/or the site's name. while i love the idea of this image and the image itself, i would probably be scared away from the site if i saw that on a splash page. also, the purpose of a splash page usually is to display affiliates, ads if necessary, places to vote, and site requirements (resolution, browser, etc). With an image that large, you'd have to scroll to see that information which is also not appealing for a splash page.

I think the size is just temporary, so you can see a little more detail. I would imagine that when it would be used in any context it would be smaller.

It looks so polished; as in, literally polished. What do you use that makes it shine? Or do you just use Windex? :)

Pretty good, but, In think that the ENTER text may looks better engraved in the white area below the orb. Try itWhich format are you planning to use? because flash is perfect for your intro.

Hello! Wow that looks great. The second one, I mean. But then you would have to think about the different screen sizes out there. [being obsessive] Also, I question why we need splash pages. What purpose does it serve? [/being obsessive]