xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
vstxy

The Best Strategy Game old strategy

hey i buying an old strategy game soo plz help mee to the best the best the best old strategy game . post your favourite and why thx for helping mee :(

Command and Conquer: Red Alert isn't too old, but isn't new either. I strongly recommend this game, because it is the only stragety game I ever play.I've played Empire Earth once. The graphics are really good, but the multiplayer and gameplay isn't. Also, the game can be very confusing, even to me.

I'd say that Starcraft is another one of the best for older strategy. It was one of the first games wehre they tried to make three different races and make all of their units realitvely unique for each race. It has great story line and even better online play. And the best part is you can get it for really cheap too if you find it just by itself. I'd suggest the battle chest with the expansion pack because alot of people play the expansion still.

I reccomend Total Annihilation - you can get it on ebay for $10 or something like that. I'm pretty sure thats with both expansion packs. TA is War strategy, you've got foot-soldiers, aircraft, ships and hovercraft to coose from, gameplay is good. It's about 7-8 years old now. but i'm still playing it! you have to build up your civilisation and military status, then blow everyone up with a missile. heaps of people still play using clients. if you get this and want to play on the net, download the pheonix project.

Asking for a recommendation like this without giving any kind of parameters makes it quite a shot in the dark.If you want to play with other people, starcraft is one of the best strategy games ever made. It has a great campaign editor with great flexiblity.Age of Empires and the Star wars version Galactic Battlegrounds is prettly good. It has a greater variety in the kind of resources you collect and in the different ways you can win. But its campaign editor is nowhere near as good and the different factions you can play have only minor differences between them compared to starcraft.Another great old strategy game that is really unique is Netstorm, but this may be a bit difficult to get a hold of.Command and Conquer or its upgrade Red Alert is certainly an old classic and that would be the way to go if you prefer modern convential warfare to science ficition, aliens and ancient warfare.For single play I like Pax Imperia a lot for the space arena and the ability to design your own races. Alpha Centauri is another strategy game that I have enjoyed a lot in single play but since it is turn based I cannot recommend it for multiplayer.

I would go with Command And Conquer, Red Alert 2. This game is highly addictive, i have sat there for many an hour playing this and never get bored of it. Plus you also have the online play, so once you build yuor skills up on it you can start challenging other people.

I would go with age of empires 1 or 2 they are pretty old strategy as they came out in 1997 and 1998. Although many people still play them like me but when you try to play online most of the rooms are full which goes to show how popular they still are.

Warcraft III and its expansion is a strategy game I believe, so that's my bet here. I would say Starcraft and it's expansion, but it's overdue on that now. Warcraft III seems to be the upgrade so that works much better. So fun playing the mod DOTA and having sorta like a World of Warcraft game but with less people and a normal WCIII view from top. A roleplaying game to say.

Well if you would want to go by best graphics, i would choose ground control (one or two), but for me, i cant seem to find any online games (in ground control one). GC1 is free so you can go to fileplanet and download it.If you would like to go for the best gameplay. C&C Red alert is the way to go. Lots of online games and endless playtime with the singleplayer campaigns and skirmishes.

I reckon you can't beat good old 'Age of Empires'! It's great and is truly the ultimate strategy game. If you get bored of it then you play with a mate or online. It was the first strategy game I ever played and I've never stopped liking it.I never got into Age of Empires 2 or Age of Empires 3 simply because Age of Empires 1 is the ultimate game that kicked off this whole genre pretty much.Go Age of Empires!