xisto Community
theRealSheep

C'mon Aussies... General discussion

Although I'm new here, I am going to try and ressurect this forum section devoted to Australia. I've been around the forums and seen plenty of Aussies, so c'mon guys...

I would like to start off about the TV coverage of Princess Mary's visit to Australia. I don't like the fact that she took upto 5 minutes or more of news coverage every night [adding that Crown Prince Frederick hardly ever got a mention]. Don't get me wrong, I think it's great that she has come back down under to visit, but Denmark is her home now - She no longer has Australian citizenship. Why make such a song and dance about it??

Prince Charles hardly got a mention when he visited, but of course, "no-one likes the royals anymore".

Also the footy is back for 2005, both AFL and NRL. I'm a AFL man myself, being a southerner [Go Crows....].

Whaddya reck'n mate?

Although I'm new here, I am going to try and ressurect this forum section devoted to Australia. I've been around the forums and seen plenty of Aussies, so c'mon guys...

I would like to start off about the TV coverage of Princess Mary's visit to Australia. I don't like the fact that she took upto 5 minutes or more of news coverage every night [adding that Crown Prince Frederick hardly ever got a mention]. Don't get me wrong, I think it's great that she has come back down under to visit, but Denmark is her home now - She no longer has Australian citizenship. Why make such a song and dance about it??

Prince Charles hardly got a mention when he visited, but of course, "no-one likes the royals anymore".

Also the footy is back for 2005, both AFL and NRL. I'm a AFL man myself, being a southerner [Go Crows....].

Whaddya reck'n mate?

59432[/snapback]

I don't think there's many Aussies here. You and Me are prob'ly da only 1s here, m8.

I'm a Australian, I'm From Moree, Loking at the Map seems Your are from South Australia. Yeah I agree they took up a lot of TV time, but The Royals left Australia Now, Prince Charles got Married, and Everything is Happy. Go the "Tigers".From.::DAMAN::.

Daman: Yes, I see there are four pins on the Member Map but only the two of us (daman and I) are hosted. I wonder what happened to the other couple guys..? I have seen a couple other users around that have Australia as their location on profile, but no-one else has been game to show ther face around here. :D St. Mike: I don't want too much spam in here as I see what happened to the last thread that was made in the Australian forum...:DSimpsonFreak: It's always good to see another Aussie around. If you are working on getting free hosting with Xisto, I hope to see you around more often. :oI was rather surprised that the Prince Charles & Camilla wedding got such a big running with live coverage on TV (on two channels even). But they are technically still royals of Australia as well, so I don't mind that as much.

i wonder how many aussies there are on this site. well i'm another, mate. i couldnt care less about prince charles or anyother royal crap they have on tv waste of time if you ask me. go tigers

:o Never saw this part of the forum before... I probably need to change my profile.I've always been more of an AFL fan myself, even though I'm in Brisbane (though it's picking up thanks to some recent successes by the Lions), as I spent quite a few years in Melbourne... Royal visits are really a bit of a waste, but yeah there was a lot of attention on Mary when she was around. Most likely it has something to do with how she just recently became royal, and that she was previously just a normal Australian. Not to mention she (and her husband) so far seem to be very gracious towards the public.

So far the Australian are:

Cool_Freaker

toilet95

daman

simpsonsfreak

theRealSheep

Thats 5, I dunno if theres anymore.

I'm quite happy to start an AFL thread in here (I don't think it would go down to well in the Sports section anyway...:o) as that is what I follow. I don't know whether you couple of Tiger fans are for Richmond in the AFL or the West Sydney Tigers (I think they are) in the NRL - You guys can start your own NRL thread if it is the latter. I only started this thread to hopefully 'dig up' some Aussies from Xisto when I first signed up. Although it took one whole month to finally get a reply, I'm glad us Australians aren't as lazy as the rest of the world thinks we are.:D

Hey there Mak_E...

There is a lovely place here for us talk about Australian issues. Unfortunately, there isn't many of us and therefore not much action. I have started an AFL thread but everyone has disappeared -_-. I wouldn't mind starting a political thread either - but only if at least one other person is interested.

Anyway, welcome aboard Mak_E, and hope to see you around here more often.

Hey, I never noticed this section before. Australia has it's own subforum. WOO! Go Aussies!Yes, I am an Aussie too. I'm from NSW. I have seen a few other Aussies around these forums but not that many. Oh well, we have our own subforum...you can't complain about that -_- *Adds this forum to favourites so I can find it again* :D

So far the Australian are:

Cool_Freaker

toilet95

daman

simpsonsfreak

theRealSheep

mak_electronics

Fuchelle

Tyssen

Thats 5, I dunno if theres anymore.

Make that 8 now. :lol:

YAY, 8 Australians, Umm, How many American's naah I hate Americans, Just Kiddin, There will be lots of American in Xisto, LOL