xisto Community
Furor

Bad Drivers

I'm a new driver and have been driving for the last year and there hasn't been a day when I can drive peacefully. Some or the other driver has to tick me off. Around a week ago, I was driving on the right lane (right lane is the slow lane) in the afternoon with empty streets where I thought I could enjoy a peaceful drive just when this van sticks up behind me and starts beaming his headlight indicating me to drive fast. It was an 80kph road and I was doing somewhere around 65-70kph. I mean what the hell? If you wish to drive fast there's a whole empty fast left lane. All he had to do was switch lanes. I guess he was way too lazy for that. Keeping my calm I switch lanes instead of him and let him move forward. As soon as he overtook me he decides to drive slow. He was doing somewhere around 50kph on the slow lane. That really got to my nerves and I wanted to honk him off the road but keeping my temper to myself I drove away. That's not all, drivers everywhere do something everytime to increase my blood-preasure. And just when I think that everything is going well on the roads, I get stuck in trafic which is worse. I completely hate driving in heavy trafic. Do all of you face simillar situations while driving or am I the only person ranting?:angry:

bad drivers are too often a common thing on the road. sometimes you just have to wonder how in the world they got their drivers license. in your situation, i dont mean to be mean, but i think it was partially your fault. when you are driving, it is safest to travel with the flow of traffic. and because most people drive a little over the speed limit, i dont think it would be good to go 10-15 kph (im used to mph, is that like 5-10mph?) under. this is because if you are going too fast or too slow, other people are going to have to change lanes or do other actions that they wouldnt do if everyone was going the same speed. this causes an increased risk of an accident happening. just my advice. i know you said empty streets but its still best to stay at the speed limit incase people like that come by you. i do not think they would react as harshly as that driver did. but i do think that the driver who then went down to 50kph was really doing the wrong thing. people like that who cant control their anger should have their license revoked.

Pffft! Baltimore drivers are the worse! It rains and snows here constantly, drivers here act like they never drove in it befor in there life. I mean they drive sooo slow I just get the urge to tap there bumper wid my car. I mean it's ridiculous. I was driving when it was snowing and it this sports car in front me and the damn driver kept pressing the brakes I nearly got out my car to tap his window and say let me drive for you lol.

There are two reasons why I dont drive in Toronto. One is we have an amazing public transit system that is 24 hours where I live and two is the drivers! I have seen so many accidents and near accidents would make anyones head spin. Ive seen road rage first hand. A friend's friend was driving, I was in the back seat and another driver upset him. They both got out of the car and were about to fight each other! My friend and I told him to get back in the car. You never know what people have on them these days. Road rage is real! When Im crossing the street with my children I make sure they watch the corners. I have almost been hit 3 times in my life by people who drive before they look. I think there should be mandatory testing for drivers after 5 years. People lose their skills and some people shouldnt be on the road at all. I could go on about this but Ill quit while Im ahead. Bad drivers(the pedestrian version)

First, I don't think the slow lane is always the right lane (left had drive countries). The slow lane should be the lane that is actually SLOW! I don't care what lane you are in. Just MOVE OVER when someone is coming up behind you quickly or driving very close to you. Don't be a ****head and hit the brakes when someone is behind you. If you don't like it move over!Another thing is similar to the situation in the first post. People ALL want to be at the "front". They will speed past you, then change lanes to go in front of you and slow down. What the hell is that? Next, everyone wants their own lane. I cannot tell you how many times I have been stuck behind cars on a FOUR LANE road where they are all travelling at the same speed. In front of those 4 cars is absolutely empty space...Finally, many people equate aggressive driving or speed to bad driving. Sorry but aggressive drivers are not always bad drivers... STUPID drivers are bad drivers. Like morons who like to drive in peoples blindspot... or some idiots who are too damn scared to merge into traffic... if you want to merge into traffic, you actually have to speed up to or be faster than the traffic you are trying to join!! You can't merge onto a freeway doing 40 while everyone else is doing 60. You are just causing traffic and causing people to slam on the brakes for you.end rant.

I recently passed my driving exam and I could not believe the amount of careless drivers I came across during my lessons. You just wonder how they ever passed their exams. I mean my instructor at the time regularly pointed out examples of bad and dangerous driving. It seems these guys pass their exams for the sake of getting their licences rather than actually learn how to drive safely. That's why I believe every driver should resit their exams or at least attend a refresher course every ten years or so.

Believe me, it happens everwhere you go. In Japan, I've encountered many a slow/bad drivers on the roads. It doesn't help either that the roads here are much narrower. What angers me the most are the ones who creep out from a side road without warning. If this is what driving is like in a small city, I wonder would it'd be like in the big cities!

I guess it airs only in Canada, but the show on Discovery channel called Canada's Worst Drivers is a must see for everyone. You cannot believe how bad some drivers can be until you watch that show.But compared to Turkish drivers it is nothing. It is not that they can't drive, they drive like crazy. I'm a reasonably experienced driver, have been driving for 4 years now. And I am a very calm and relazed person, more so in traffic, but there are a lot of idiots on the roads in Turkey who can piss even me off. I would recommend people to think twice if you ever want to go for a visit and rent a car to go around.Van drivers are the worst too. They drive crazier because they don't actually own the vans, the companies they work for do. And if they have an accident or something they know that the car is insured, and the company will pay blah blah...

I remember I was driving rather fast in the slow lane (which, I know, is my fault) but this older couple entered the highway and then proceeded to go about half my speed. I was furious. I HATE when people not only cut me off, but then go at such a slow speed that I have to slam on my brakes to avoid getting into an accident.