xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
moonwitch1405241479

Issues To Get IPB Running On Home System to learn how to skin IPB

Well, I am running Win 2k Pro, on a PII 333MHz, server software is Apache2 running on port 5000. Php is PHP 5 and MySQL is a clean/fresh install of MySQL 4.1.

I unzipped IPB, followed the instructions that came with it, when I get to the point where I have to enter the data to connect to the DB (DB is made with user and all that - thank you m^3) this is the error I get

Warning: mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: Lost connection to MySQL server during query in C:\Program Files\Apache Group\Apache2\htdocs\forum\ips_kernel\class_db_mysql.php on line 120

Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded in C:\Program Files\Apache Group\Apache2\htdocs\forum\ips_kernel\class_db_mysql.php on line 117

Any ideas??

EDIT -> found solution

Ok so this was the original code in class_db_mysql.php

if ($this->obj['persistant'])    	{         $this->connection_id = mysql_pconnect( $this->obj['sql_host'] ,               $this->obj['sql_user'] ,               $this->obj['sql_pass']             );        }        else        {  	$this->connection_id = mysql_connect( $this->obj['sql_host'] ,              $this->obj['sql_user'] ,              $this->obj['sql_pass']             );  }    if ( ! $this->connection_id )  {  	$this->fatal_error();  	return FALSE;  }          if ( ! mysql_select_db($this->obj['sql_database'], $this->connection_id) )        {        	$this->fatal_error();        	return FALSE;        }                return TRUE;    }

The piece that gave me the error was
if ($this->obj['persistant'])

I solved it by changing the 'persistant' to 'default'!! And it works :(