xisto Community
miCRoSCoPiC^eaRthLinG

Paypup & Netbux:get Paid + Search For A Good Cause Help Support AntiLost Opensource Comm.

Okay, if netbux and pay-pup are unrelated, why do they have the same policy message, and why do they close for maintenece at the same time?

~Viz

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I wonder too - why they follow a very close up-down cycle and sites as soooooo similar.. but in the end as I said, as long as they pay up, it's all fine by me :D

I sound like such a sucker for money :D lol

Anyways, I've updated the collected amount in the starter post.. I've had one more person join up under me - hoping for more people to join in the movement :(

Regards,

m^e

Hi folks,

Once again I'd like to convey my sincere thanks to all those who have signed up under me in either of these services and actively helping me in raising funds for AntiLost.

Among recent news, we've shifted our forums from SimpleMachines Forum software to Invision Power Board - the same one that's use to run this board. Also, OpaQue the founder of this board - donated another domain to us to help us in our opensource movement. Thus alongwith AntiLost.Com we're now the proud possesors of AntiLost.ORG as well :(

To all the great coders out there - you're more than welcome to join our community at AntiLost at:

1. http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

2. https://www.hugedomains.com/domain_profile.cfm?d=antilost&e=com

Drop by at the community board and submit any bright project ideas that you might have - soon we'll have a big team of developers coming together to work on the pile :D You're welcome to join in and contribute there too... Bit by bit we've been wroking toward continual development of this site - this is our dream and we're going to make it :P Of course in the early stages with only a handful of voluntary staff (thanks to them for contributing whatever they can out of their tight schedules) it seems to be moving a bit slowly - but the seed is already sown and well watered :D Now there's no looking back.

Here's a renew list of the people who've joined up under me for the fundraiser... Once again, my heartfelt thanks to them for their active support.

===========================

chris_gst_AT_yahoo.com

shridhar_AT_fastmail.fm

ainekayleigh_AT_gmail.com

jipmanvuong_AT_gmail.com

meetnakul_AT_hotmail.com

netbux_AT_mytrashmail.com

viz_skywalker_AT_yahoo.com

suzmolthop_AT_aol.com

zero.gambit_AT_gmail.com

mlgriswold_AT_comcast.net

yangzi_AT_excite.com

ldavison_AT_orcon.net.nz

adonis_AT_linuxmail.org

vibinvijayakumaran_AT_gmail.com

stimmy_AT_hotpop.com

zeno_AT_operamail.com

===========================

I've updated the collected amount in my topic starter post - as I've been doing regularly over the past few days.

Counting on more of you to join in and make this effort a giant success :D

Regards,

m^e

Hi guys,
Almost whole of last week till now NetBux was down and I was getting ready to accept it as another BIG internet SCAM. But it's back up today and seems like working fine now. That raises the rays of hope again :(

Here's what they say:

Over the past couple of days you may have noticed that netbux.org hasstopped loading. This was due to the fact that they (NetBux.Org) was
experiencing a heavy 20mbit DOS attack from someone. The datacenter was
forced to shutdown the server until the attack has stopped so that is
why you were unable to connect or ping the IP address or name. The
problem has been fixed and I was just e-mailing you to let you know
about the situation and that it was resolved.

Now I really thank those people who've joined up under me again - and bcoz of them I've been able to gather around $30 through netbux and paypup so far. We need to raise more to keep the AntiLost site in good shape - so this goes out as a public appeal.. any takers, who'd join up and search for a good cause?

Regards,
m^e

To signup at any of these services, you should use the following referral links:
=============================
1. Netbux: http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/
2. Pay-pup: http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

P.S. I've updated the stats again on the first post in this thread.

As you know mse, i registered for netbux, but i just found out that they now use stormpay instead of paypal. After seeing so much changes in a short while and the problems they seem to have and the hassle for that key you need to type for every search, i decided that Im gonna quit netbux.It just seems to unstable to me. I hope you raise enough money for antilost, but i'm afraid you'll have to do it without me :(

As you know mse, i registered for netbux, but i just found out that they now use stormpay instead of paypal. After seeing so much changes in a short while and the problems they seem to have and the hassle for that key you need to type for every search, i decided that Im gonna quit netbux.

It just seems to unstable to me. I hope you raise enough money for antilost, but i'm afraid you'll have to do it without me :(

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

No probs man :D But they've taken off that Picture Image Key long back.. it's back to simple type and search like every other search engine now... And it does seem more stable now - dunno, lets give it a few days and see..

They do accept othe methods of paymenyt other than stormpay to send out payments.

May 11th, 2005Just to make sure everyone is clear... StormPay is not going to be the only payment method. We will be sending out money orders as well to those who choose not to use or cannot use StormPay. I am aware that the site does not reflect it but please give us some time to update the site as we are still trying to get caught up from being offline for the past 3-4 days. Also, please quit e-mailing us for your purchased referral status. We are working on getting them added. The original timeframe was about a week but because of the downtime it is obviously taking longer. You will get your referrals and you will get an e-mail when they have been added. Thank-you.

But why didn't I get an email from them?

~Viz

Ok I joined up on this thing as well, with my email account jimmybbeam AT gmail.com. Hopefully this ain't a scam and the money is actually paid out... a little extra cash at the end of the month would be nice, no matter how little it is... and at the same time I'm helping out you guys for a good cause.Good luck in getting your target amount of money for this project, what ever your target may be.

Their deal with PayPal got cancelled - so now they've resorted to stormay - which essentially acts the same way as Paypal. They can make payments through paypal though - that's not a problem. Anybody can send $$ to anybody through paypal. Just that their own account isn't hosted with paypal anymore.

Naah you're right - they aren't paying through paypal anymore.. I guess taking revenge coz paypal froze their accounts.. lol anyways, here's what it says now:

May 11th, 2005Ok, our payment options have obviously changed since we moved away from PayPal (see why) and our current payment methods are StormPay or postal check. If you purchased referrals through PayPal your referrals will still be added, so don't worry. I suggest that everyone update their payment information using the "Update Information" link above. In other news, we've added more security and verification when registering because now when someone creates a new account, they must verify their e-mail address before they will be fully registered.

Just signup for a stormpay account - its the same as paypal.. same rules/same tools/same stuff.. just a triffle bit difference in the service taxes ... I think stormpay deducts a little more than paypal..while paypal takes off 3% on transactions stormpay almost double.. somewhere around the 6% region.. but what to do.. only option now..

I've gone ahead and got myself accounts on 3 on the major sites anyways - stormpay, paypal and egold.. who knows which one comes to handy when - besides you don't need to pay any maintainance fees to hold onto these accounts.. so what's the big deal ?

Hi guys,

These services are back and working properly again and I've come to report the recent additions to our referral chain. Thanks to the following people who've been actively helping out in the AntiLost fundraiser program. Here's an updated list and thanks to you guys again.

=======================

chris_gst_AT_yahoo_DOT_com

shridhar_AT_fastmail_DOT_fm

ainekayleigh_AT_gmail_DOT_com

jipmanvuong_AT_gmail_DOT_com

meetnakul_AT_hotmail_DOT_com

netbux_AT_mytrashmail_DOT_com

viz_skywalker_AT_yahoo_DOT_com

suzmolthop_AT_aol_DOT_com

zero.gambit_AT_gmail_DOT_com

mlgriswold_AT_comcast_DOT_net

yangzi_AT_excite_DOT_com

ldavison_AT_orcon.net_DOT_nz

adonis_AT_linuxmail_DOT_org

vibinvijayakumaran_AT_gmail_DOT_com

stimmy_AT_hotpop_DOT_com

zenumb_AT_yahoo_DOT_com

giniu_AT_op_DOT_pl

giniu.ravenlord_AT_gmail_DOT_com

jimmybbeam_AT_gmail_DOT_com

the_dragon_g_AT_yahoo_DOT_gr

==================================

As always, I've updated the figures in the first post as they stand today.

Thanks & Regards,

m^e

Hi guys,

Now there's another site called Pay-Pup similar to Netbux - that pays you $0.02 or 2 cents per search you do through them. Only difference with Netbux is that these guys let you do 50 payable searches per day - letting you earn a maximum of $1.00 per day.

Here's the deal - am trying to get referals under me in both these services. For each search that you perform through these sites, you get 2 cents and so do I. So far I've got 8 referals under me in Netbux and 1 in Pay-pup (moonwitch) - am trying to do as many searches as possible and telling my referals to do so too. The gathered money will be used to support AntiLost.Com - the OpenSource Collaborative Software Development Site we're launching soon. Right now the site is on a free asta account, but if we're to support project hosting, we'll need a whole bunch of disk space and thus have to go for a paid account. My idea is to get it from Xisto - Web Hosting - that'll support OpaQue too and help us maintain the site well... :)

All you got to do is singup at either or both of these services (both is better - that way we'll make money faster) and start searching. They employ all the standard engines like Google, Yahoo, MSN, Altavista, Askjeeves, Lycos, AllTheWeb etc. - so your searches will essentially fetch you the same results. Only factor you got to keep in mind is to fill up your quota of 40/50 searches per day at either of these sites.

So my request goes out to all of you here to join in and Search for a good cause. I'll keep updating the account balance of both services in this post on a daily basis - so we can keep track of how much we've made so far.

Today: May 17th, 2005

==================

Netbux:    $38.42

Pay-pup:  $09.96

---------------------------------

Total:      $48.38

==================

To signup at any of these services,  you should use the following referral links:

1. Netbux:  http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

2. Pay-pup:  http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

Counting on you guys to actively participate in this.

Regards,

m^e

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

How do you know this works? This looks like a scam, and the reason why I say this is because I have been involved in things like this before (such as receive e-mail and take surveys in order to get paid, et cetera) and I never saw the money. Have you actually been paid yet, or do you just have high hopes?

First of all, there was no need to quote m^e's entire post. Second of all, you only get paid on the 15th of a month after you have hit $50. Since we are close to that mark, we will hopefully find out on the 15th of June if they actually pay. So for now it is just high hopes.~Viz