xisto Community
iGuest

How To Make Your Site Sticky How to make your site more atractable

I've never really consciencously thought that "all news should be on first page" but I have always done so. It's a really good idea, I hate sites that update but don't announce it, or will say they've added something but not where it is. Assuming your viewers are stupid often works well. :mellow:

Excellent advice. I'm going to have to scream "Yeah! What you said!" on skipping Flash intros. I *hate* Flash intros. If they're so great, and so vital to the site, why do 99.999 percent of them have the "skip intro" option? Not that I don't appreciate Flash programming. People who can do that are awesome. One other suggestion that I have is page load speed. Granted, most of us are on high-speed connections, and most of us have pretty fast computers, but there are still plenty of people on dial-up and slower systems. Every time I go home from college, I'm on dialup. So I don't visit most of the sites that I frequent when I'm here at school on my own computer.

Keeping a site "sticky" is definately a great way to keep people coming back for more. Sometimes I've been on websites where I've had to dig through all the arcives just to find a piece of information! This is NOT want you want to give people. Updating a website frequently is a great idea because once they know that it is getting updated, they will come back often.

.Solitude

you are absolutely right i'm thinking the same way