xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
totalgorepresident

Making A Ghost For Film how to make yourself transparent

1. Set your camera up and film empty space save this as a suitable fle name like blank2. Do not move your camera this is vital start recording then get inside the frame and do something. Save this file3. Open flash MX (if you do not have it download the trial from http://www.adobe.com/)4. Import blank space5. Create a new layer and make sure its on top and import the videoclip with you in it6. select the layer and click convert to symbol select graphic as you want to export it as an avi7. On graphic properties go to loop graphic8. Now make the graphic 50% transparent9. export as avi10. You are now transparent

Thats nice one :P realy interesting trick... but toying with transpariencies at movies are a lot easier with Cinelerra - where you don't have to do all that flashy-thing and from begining to end you work on avi's - but way do obtain this is same (just without conversion...) with Cinelerra it would be in simple, load two avi's to diferent layers, on top Layer draw selection, tell Cinelerra to cut what is behind it and leav what is inside... make sure to check some haracteristic points... and process movie to see results :PBut this is same as in Flash so idea in this tutorial is useful... PS.: there is mainly one thing - Cinelerra is free (you don't have Linux? Don't wory - you can use Live distribution so you would be able to "go-out" with your Cinlerra even wher you don't have Linux...) while Flash cost about 700$

yes, indeed... :P but this is hard work... take some movie: 1 minute = 60 seconds * 30 frames (29.9... you know...) gives you 1800 frames for one minute of movie... :P Cutting everything by hand or even with vector masks in horror... anyway - trick is nice... would probably use this technic if I would have to do something like this...

This is a neat little trick. Thanks for the information. How much does the full retail version of Flash go for these days?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

i got the whole sheabang (macromedia studio mx 2004 - including dreamweaver mx 2004, flash mx 2004, coldfusion mx 2004, and fireworks mx 2004) all for free at a rumage sale :) ... the guy said that he couldnt get it to work and he had just tossed it into the free box...so i took it and installed it and love it :)

man thats awesome and so simple to do... for some reason i like to make things more difficult than they need to be so whenever i thought about doin something like that i was thinkin green screen and fancy camera tricks and the works ya know lol anyhoo thanks for this im gonna have to try it out :P