xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
darkool

Happy Bithday Windows 25 april 1985

Congrats Microsoft, what are you gonna dominate next? Microsoft is pretty cool though, can't wait until Longhorn.

And, why do you like DOS? Wouldn't you rather start up a game and play it immediatley, instead of typing in 2 hours worth of code and stuff?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

If you cant wait till Longhorn then I guess software for the 64bit environment is a li'l too far away don't you think? :)

25 years is a long time, longer than I've been alive!I wonder if most of the window users even think about how much work and time has gone into the personal computers.Technology has changed the way we use computers. No longer are there huge rooms filled floor to ceiling with giagantic heavy loud computers. Now we have smaller, more compact and much friendly to use computers and I am glad to be among the users.Some people can't tell you what platform they are using. They just say they are using a pc or state the brand name. Yeah, dude, I'm using a Dell.Happy Birthday, Windows.I still love my MAC OS!

congrats MICROSOFT , happy birthday i just came to know its 25 years old ohhh thats great . miscrosoft has done a amazing job in recent history , now we can understand the meaning of MICROSOFT which made a new dimension to computer , from pin to plane the microsoft is every where . an equisite piece of information by hazeshow , really good . waiting for miscrosoft new OS basha B)

Wow, I knew Windows was extremly popular around the world but I didn't know that it was 25 years old. It seems like such a young age for it too have achieved so much! B) Well anyway, HAPPY BIRTHDAY Windows. I hopw it stays as strong as ever.

25 years old eh? Well, despite the constant slagging off of MSoft, (I do it myself sometimes) I have to say that it was because of them that most people began to use computers, as they introduced ease of use.Mass marketing helped, but it was basically the fact that pre-windonws 95, computer use was awkward, and quite difficult.Windows 95 made everything simple, even a child could use it, and from there it all took off.

Wow, It's hard to imagine how computers were like before Windows came out. I heard that the very first computers were huge and they took hours to solve a simple math problem such as 2 + 2. It has been a great achievement as to how far we have gotten with computers. Now in the digital age things get smaller and faster (Cell Phones,Watches,TV's) and now we have flat screens and DVD's. I wonder in the next 50 years what kind of new computer technology we will be seeing.

I remember using dos for almost everything. I loved it, then windows came along and I guess it was alright. Or so I thought. Now it makes everything so simple. I went out and bought Windows 95 because one of my friends had it, and I remember that's when "wallpapers" really took off. Note: It's just 20 years old, as mentioned on the previous pages

Ugh... Windows... It may look the best, but the looks may decieve... If I wrote it well :confused: Actually, I have never used anything else but Windows (MS-DOS doens't count), and I have always been satisfied - mostly because I was patient. And because I have a small hard drive ;) Soon, I will get a new one, and probably install Linux on the other partition, just to try it. I'm sure I'll love it! I think both Linux and MacOS are better than Windows, but I must try it first...